M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

I just installed a Cobra Fi2000R with the help of very informative step-by-steps on this site. :bigthumbsup: So, I put everything back together and give it a trial start... and it wont start. The starter is trying to turn the engine over, but no avail.

I'm not very mechanically savvy so please forgive my lack of correct terms. Typically when I'm about to start up I hear a sort of whine under my gas tank. If I'm not mistaken, it's the fuel injectors doing their thing. Well, now I turn the key and it's like the fuel injectors try to do their thing but it stops too soon.

I checked the unit and I see the thee LED lights come on every time, so I know the unit is getting power. I took off the gas tank again to see if the fuel line was crimped, it looks good to me. Thinking back, when I first put the fuel tank back on and turned the key, my fuel indicator was flashing saying I was almost out of gas. I rocked the bike back and forth a few times and in about a min the gas gauge said I have 3 bars left ... that's about right.

Shy of uninstalling the unit, I'm at a loss. :dontknow: Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i would agree with the above statements. its always best to check the simple stuff first.

K--keep
I--it
S--simple
S--son

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks guys :bigthumbsup: ... I looked again under my tank and there was an unplugged wire. Apparently, when I removed my gas tank I pulled out a wire from the housing before I was able to unplug the wire housing. I popped it back in and I'm good to go.

:doorag:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
glad to see the mended the problem.

i just used the word "mended".....i have been watching to much top gear.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
Always retrace your steps. Glad to hear that you have the mod on and now are running again. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
That whining noise is your fuel pump priming, and the wire you found is the power to it. The rest of the noise is the STCV and SET valve calibrating.

Glad you found the problem and it was something simple. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That whining noise is your fuel pump priming, and the wire you found is the power to it. The rest of the noise is the STCV and SET valve calibrating.

Glad you found the problem and it was something simple. :bigthumbsup:
Thanks! Nothing more humbling than the feeling of "Oh Shoot!" I just broke my bike. :cus: I'm super glad it was simple.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any one has a drawing/Photo/Schematic of the order of each wire? The four wires came off while pulling the harness!!:dontknow: Actually I was a little rough! Thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
We have very brave people out here!

It is so amazing how many guys here are so daring to do something on their bikes but they are not mechanically trained or capable at all to so.
Why don't we try to make a tooth filling by ourselves, why do we need dentist or mechanics at all.
I am not mechanic my self at all but I do read about any system present in this particularly bike. This bike is so mechanically and electronically complicated that any change in the system must be contra balanced on the other hand. I have GIPRO and (I am not yet 100% sure) but have strong believe that once GIPRO is turned on, engine is losing variable timing in higher gears. There fore we can hear knocking at hi revs.
As far as Cobra 2000, yes it will work but it has to be done by someone who knows how and what to do.
There is a huge difference in any business between professionals and amateurs.
Wrong move can cost you lot more and you might lose your good summer days.

Good luck and team up with the best in the business.

Hi Gang,

I just installed a Cobra Fi2000R with the help of very informative step-by-steps on this site. :bigthumbsup: So, I put everything back together and give it a trial start... and it wont start. The starter is trying to turn the engine over, but no avail.

I'm not very mechanically savvy so please forgive my lack of correct terms. Typically when I'm about to start up I hear a sort of whine under my gas tank. If I'm not mistaken, it's the fuel injectors doing their thing. Well, now I turn the key and it's like the fuel injectors try to do their thing but it stops too soon.

I checked the unit and I see the thee LED lights come on every time, so I know the unit is getting power. I took off the gas tank again to see if the fuel line was crimped, it looks good to me. Thinking back, when I first put the fuel tank back on and turned the key, my fuel indicator was flashing saying I was almost out of gas. I rocked the bike back and forth a few times and in about a min the gas gauge said I have 3 bars left ... that's about right.

Shy of uninstalling the unit, I'm at a loss. :dontknow: Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,864 Posts
Any one has a drawing/Photo/Schematic of the order of each wire? The four wires came off while pulling the harness!!:dontknow: Actually I was a little rough! Thanks
Did they come out of the control box or out of the injector connector? I think I have a picture of the inside of the control box that may show how they attach.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts

It is so amazing how many guys here are so daring to do something on their bikes but they are not mechanically trained or capable at all to so.
Why don't we try to make a tooth filling by ourselves, why do we need dentist or mechanics at all.
I am not mechanic my self at all but I do read about any system present in this particularly bike. This bike is so mechanically and electronically complicated that any change in the system must be contra balanced on the other hand. I have GIPRO and (I am not yet 100% sure) but have strong believe that once GIPRO is turned on, engine is losing variable timing in higher gears. There fore we can hear knocking at hi revs.
As far as Cobra 2000, yes it will work but it has to be done by someone who knows how and what to do.

Is this a joke?????????

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts

·
Registered
2,804 Posts

MANIA, you're back :clap2:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

??? :dontknow:

Anyway, I have more sense than dollars, so call me cheap, call me an amateur, call me broke, or whatever. I really enjoy working on my bike and if I can figure it out, I'll give it a try. It's confidence, not bravery. :doorag:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts