M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my 109. It came with a fi2000. I have used dyno jet on my previous bikes which all were sport bikes.
I am thinking of adding a nos system to my bike and was wondering if anyone has done this with the fi2000 and what they thought about it.
I have a friend that has the same model year bike just not the le version which he has installed the nos kit and has a dyno jet on his and its pretty sweet.
Thank you for your imput.

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
Q: What is the best fuel management?
A: There are several choices for fuel management. The correct answer is which ever one suits you the best.
1. Cobra fi2000r, is great for self tuning, and is very economical. It can add fuel, but cannot remove fuel. Alot of people have great success with this unit.
2. Power Commander III USB, is best when used for a bike that you want to have DYNO tuned, and pull every bit of horse power out of the bike. If you were to change intakes, or exhaust, it is recommended to have bike re-tuned. There are generic tunes for several set ups, but for optimal performance, a dyno tune is required.
3. Power Commander V w/auto tune, and B&B auto-tuner. These units introduce a oxygen sensor to the exhaust. This requires holes drilled into exhaust, and a "bung" being welded onto pipe. These units are a bit more expensive, but continuously tune your bike while you ride it. So as the conditions change, so does your air fuel mixture.
4. There are others out there as well, but these seem to be the most popular.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,141 Posts
Unless you're going with a wet system, I'd probably go with the PCIII or PCV. The FI2000R is a great unit, but there's no way it can add the extra fuel needed just when you add the nitrous. You would have to run it rich all the time to compensate, and that would be far from ideal.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am looking at the dyno tune twin wet system. It's the one my friend installed and it works well.
Thank you both for your input.
Unless you're going with a wet system, I'd probably go with the PCIII or PCV. The FI2000R is a great unit, but there's no way it can add the extra fuel needed just when you add the nitrous. You would have to run it rich all the time to compensate, and that would be far from ideal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts