M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking to see if anyone has had the same problem I had last night? Last night I went for a ride and letting the bike sit for about 2hrs it would not start. I had to try 3-4 times before it started. The engine would not crank and the FI light was on. Once it did start I ran fine and no more warning lights came on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Make sure you wait for the fuel system to complete pressurization and the speedometer to calibrate itself before you push the start button. If you forget, turn off the ignition and then turn it back on - let everything recycle and then restart.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
SilverM109NMD said:
Just checking to see if anyone has had the same problem I had last night? Last night I went for a ride and letting the bike sit for about 2hrs it would not start. I had to try 3-4 times before it started. The engine would not crank and the FI light was on. Once it did start I ran fine and no more warning lights came on.
Hey silverM109nmd how may miles did yous have on it when it did this?

The reason i am askind is i had that same thing happen to me tonight was riding got about 1500 miles on it total about 50 miles on it today and the FI light was blinking and the bike would not start i let the bike sit for about 3 to 5 minute with the key off and the FI light went off and the bike started just fine...............I am not the big Tech on these bikes but what i was thinking is i got a air or something and i was getting on it to it a little harder than normal and when i stop at a friends house it just would not start

Hey one of you Tech guys which is better than me :D would this be something in the computer or the FI or is this just a glitch in the system?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
lacajuninnc said:
Make sure you wait for the fuel system to complete pressurization and the speedometer to calibrate itself before you push the start button. If you forget, turn off the ignition and then turn it back on - let everything recycle and then restart.
Humm i did that and it just flash

·
Registered
6 Posts
So far my FI light isn't coming on, however, when first starting my bike and it goes through its checks, the exhaust control valve makes a squeeking sound for an instant. Is this similar to your issue in the beginning? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
well mine just happen the one time also i hope it does not happen again but before and after the bike was running great so who knows maybe the bike needed 5.......... :D

G

·
longrider said:
check and make sure your battery connections are tight. as well as the ground to the engine/frame
The VTX used to get delivered with this same problem all the time. My VTX was. I have not had the issue on the 109r but I checked my battery connections when I first received it.

The problem was so bad on the VTX that there was post on the VTXOA board on the procedure to resolve it, which included grinding the powder coat off the frame for the ground strap.

Lamonster, we may need a tech list started, if this keeps popping up and with the oil thing.

But check your battery first, then the ground strap.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I know this is an old post but i have recently experienced the same FI problem twice over this weekend. The second time it happened it sounded like the fuel pump was struggling to pressurize. Has there been a remedy to this problem discussed anywhere?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts