M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I rode downtown, shut her off, took care of some buisness. Went outside to start her up, FI light was blinking, turned off & on two more times. Still on, tried to start no luck. Turned off & then on again, no light started right up. Came home & used special tool to check codes.
C-00 "No defective part". Stock exhaust but have a PC-V. Has done that the same day I got her but thought I just did not let run through start up sequence.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Today I rode downtown, shut her off, took care of some buisness. Went outside to start her up, FI light was blinking, turned off & on two more times. Still on, tried to start no luck. Turned off & then on again, no light started right up. Came home & used special tool to check codes.
C-00 "No defective part". Stock exhaust but have a PC-V. Has done that the same day I got her but thought I just did not let run through start up sequence.
Any ideas?
PM sent.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx Hink,
Just letting me know what it could be. I have to take her to the shop this afternoon to let them pull up any past codes. I am going to ride to Houston Sunday to watch my daughter play in a soccer game 3 1/2 hours each way.
They will let me know if it should be fine or not. I will let you know what they say.
Thanx,
Larry

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shop said it was an ignition code. They could not get it to replicate again. Oh well we will see.

Thank you goes out to Hink, I appreciate the help & guidance:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Since Hink is slipping a small bit, I will post another thought. Since you have a stock exhaust still on, do this when cold to prevent burning yourself, check the cables down at the SET---at the actuator and the butterfly valve side. This is a common problem and tends to throw codes that are not related. Yes, Hink is on the logical thought path with the connections, but if the connections were bad--it would run terrible. Now, the cables down at the exhaust need to be adjusted sometimes. The have been know to be out of adjustment and even come lose right from the factory. Check them out, I bet they are atleast in need of adjustment. Hink, feel free to comment if I am wrong.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks futurR, Hink did think of that first, but that was thrown out when I said with the FI light blinking, the bike would not start, like it was not getting a spark. With the Set valve & acuator not working properly, the bike would at least start but run in Limp Mode.
When I asked the technician if that would cause it not to start, he said yes. He just thinks it was stuck in between run & not run. He said if it does it again to try to twist the throttle and turn it over then turn off & cycle through the start up sequence & it should start. ( I hope )
I appreciate the help,
Larry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts