M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had this situation? Stopped off for gas yesterday and when I cranked her up to leave the FI Light came on. She runs fine and I did lift the tank and "wiggle" all the wires with the switch on, but it did not go out. I have never had this problem before. I did pull off the positive battery cable and left it off overnight hoping it would reset, but no luck. I have not made any changes or mods lately so I am at a loss as to what the problem may be:dontknow: I did do a search on FI LIGHT and found a couple of threads, but they were no help to me. Of course my local Suzuki dealer went belly up about a year ago so I can't take it there, not that I wanted to anyway. Any ideas on a fix? Any and all replys would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Look in Hink's frequently asked questions in the shop talk section and it will tell you how to get the code using "the tool". Post it up. I have a shop manual, I can look it up.

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
This has happened to me 3 times. First time, the light came on about 60 miles from home. It never went into limp mode and I got home fine. Next day there was no FI light. I assumed it might have been the pc3 and the throttle position sensor. I have switched to an fi2000r and have had no issues like that. However, I have noticed if you do not let the guages fully sweep and the fuel pump prime, it will come on. I then need to turn everything off and do it again. this happened twice.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
That happened to me twice. Since then I do not start it up until the system check is complete. No FI light since.

This has happened to me 3 times. First time, the light came on about 60 miles from home. It never went into limp mode and I got home fine. Next day there was no FI light. I assumed it might have been the pc3 and the throttle position sensor. I have switched to an fi2000r and have had no issues like that. However, I have noticed if you do not let the guages fully sweep and the fuel pump prime, it will come on. I then need to turn everything off and do it again. this happened twice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts