M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello 9ers.
I got a 2015 M109R with hard krome dual radius exhausts, Power Commander V, KN filters. It's been 3 moths since I got the bike and I've been riding it with no problems until last week. FI light came on and I used the special tool and got the -C46 code. I removed the servo motor since it's dead weight, then did some research and found out about the disabling the SET process but this is the step I came across the problem. I went ahead and pulled the gray harness which goes into the ECM and looked for the black wire with brown stripes but my harness and wires seem to be different than other peoples bikes judging from the photos they've posted. If there's anyone that can help about this, that would be appreciated.

Here's buch off photos of the harness from different angles.
Thanks in advance!

IMG_6065.jpg IMG_6066.jpg IMG_6067.jpg IMG_6068.jpg IMG_6069.jpg

·
Registered
83 Posts
You cannot pull a wire on the ECU with a 2015 model M109R, if you do you are going to have much bigger problems.

You will either have to get a ESE (Exhaust Servo Eliminator) or have the exhaust servo parameter disabled directly in the ECU.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
or have the exhaust servo parameter disabled directly in the ECU.
Well I have no idea how to disable it directly in the ECU, or if it's something I can manage with the tools I have. Any chance you can briefly advise?

·
Registered
83 Posts
The only way disable this parameter in the ECU is through the use of special hardware that allows you to access the ECU and special software that allows you to make the changes to the ECU maps.

There was a guy on this forum who could do this but recently posted that he does not come on here very often now.

He did post this email address to contact him if you want to.

[email protected].

Otherwise you would need to purchase a ESE and plug it into the same two electrical connectors you removed the exhaust servo module from.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only way disable this parameter in the ECU is through the use of special hardware that allows you to access the ECU and special software that allows you to make the changes to the ECU maps.

There was a guy on this forum who could do this but recently posted that he does not come on here very often now.

He did post this email address to contact him if you want to.

[email protected].

Otherwise you would need to purchase a ESE and plug it into the same two electrical connectors you removed the exhaust servo module from.
Thanks for replying mate!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts