M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, still have the FI light and flashing FI in odometer after disconnecting the battery overnight. From the "Special tool: thread:
C28: Secondary throttle valve actuator (STVA)
C29: Secondary throttle position sensor (STPS) - (Note *2)

*2: When the secondary throttle valve actuator and secondary throttle position sensor signals are not sent to ECM. In this case, C28 and C29 are indicated alternately.
I disconnected the harness from both sensors and started the bike while trying to diagnose my high idle. There does not appear to be any adjustment to this assembly.

The bike runs well, but it does pop back as if I did not have PAIR blockoff plates installed.

Pages 5-58 and 5-61 in the service manual troubleshoot these codes. Both procedure refer to clearing the codes using the "SDS Tool"

OK, so, what is this SDS tool, and how do I emulate it?

Thank you!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DANG! Just called the dealer - they say there is no way to clear these myself, the SDS tool is a connection to a computer. Is this accurate? Grrrrrrrrr!!!

·
Banned
1,260 Posts
removed that assembly with both sensors and started the bike while trying to diagnose my high idle.
Thank you!

I guess you must have missed the bit on page 310 or Section 6-16 of the service manual that says...

CAUTION
Never remove the STVA from the throttle body.
Last guy I heard of that did this ended up having to buy a full new set of throttle bodies..! :redfaced:

Apparently the STVA is installed and set up at the factory... Not a owner/dealer serviceable part..! :-\

BBB :doorag:

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well,
If THAT'S the case, then I guess I will be doing the Secondary Butterfly removal mod! Uhhhh, besides, I TYPO'D that. What I ***MEANT*** to write was, when I disconnected the harness from... there, I corrected my typographical error!

If they spontaneously fail then I guess it would be a warranty issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts