M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys need some help cant figure what the problem is the FI light is on my bike drives and works fine except when i try to rev it in neutral i feel some hesitation and it doesn't hit the rev limiter that fast but the in gear the bike is prefect.

The Code is C28 Secondary throttle valve i checked connectors everything seems fine any suggestions where should i look ? :dontknow:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,949 Posts
Do you have a service manual? It details the test procedure to see if it's working or not.

One of the easiest tests is just a visual. Remove the right side air cleaner, which exposes the STV coupler and lets you see enough of the STV linkage to see if it moves or not. Check the connectors first to make sure they are OK.

Next turn the switch on while watching the STV linkage. The STV should open fully then close to 95% open. If you're trying to do it by yourself, turn the kill switch off, turn the switch on, then reach up and turn the kill switch back on. That way you can cycle it as many times as you need while working on the right side.

If it moves, you'll need to do some continuity testing to see why the ECU thinks it's not working.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts