M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a C-61 code with the FI light on all the time. PAIR solenoid sensor? If I use the PAIR block off plates and remove the PAIR valves completely will this cure the FI light problem? The bike runs fine.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
is the sensor plugged in all the way?? and no it wont help because that is the solenoid in the sensor that has gone bad.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
Even if you block the PAIR valves off you need to keep the solenoid in place. You can remove the hoses and all, but the solenoid has to be there or you get an FI light. There's no way to disable it like you can the SET valve actuator that I know of.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
You can find them cheap on ebay if you want to try another one. The manual has a test procedure for it that you might want to try first though, just in case it's a wiring issue.

:welcome: to the forum too. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Zoom,

I don't have a shop manual. Do you know the exact description or part number?

Nigel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, so I ordered the air solenoid. When I install it I will keep you posted as to if it fixed the FI light or not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered and installed the new valve and it did nothing. I still have the FI light on. I disconnected the battery for 15 minutes to reset it. Same story. Does onyone else have any ideas how I can get rid of this code?

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
Have you downloaded a copy of the service manual, and do you have a multimeter? If disconnecting the battery didn't clear it, you may have to take it to a dealer to get it cleared. Or try unhooking the battery for a couple hours.

If you have the manual and a multimeter you can test the unit and the connections. It could be a short somewhere.

Here's a free download of the service manual:
##ONLINE MANUALS##

And another if that one doesn't work. Read the thread on the procedure to get it:
Service Manual

1 - 11 of 11 Posts