M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy everyone. First I must apologize for asking this question because I’m sure it has been asked before. Unfortunately I have not been able to find it. My question is this. My bike runs great and no problems starting. But after a bit of riding (longer if it’s cold and shorter if it’s cold) I get the Fi light. When I stop and take the panel the light is out. My question is can I still pull the error code if the light is not on? Also in all the videos I have seen online the white 6 pin plug is on the left side close to the neck. I could not find a 6 pin white plug there. I did find what looks to be the right plug on the left side below the seat. Is this the right plug? My bike is a 2013. If anyone could help me out I would be very grateful. Thank you

With Respect,
George

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,992 Posts
Hy everyone. First I must apologize for asking this question because I’m sure it has been asked before. Unfortunately I have not been able to find it. My question is this. My bike runs great and no problems starting. But after a bit of riding (longer if it’s cold and shorter if it’s cold) I get the Fi light. When I stop and take the panel the light is out. My question is can I still pull the error code if the light is not on? Also in all the videos I have seen online the white 6 pin plug is on the left side close to the neck. I could not find a 6 pin white plug there. I did find what looks to be the right plug on the left side below the seat. Is this the right plug? My bike is a 2013. If anyone could help me out I would be very grateful. Thank you

With Respect,
George
The white plug has a black rubber cover boot on it,
maybe thats why you cannot see it. Double-check...
Follow the instructions I gave you here 2 months ago:

F1 code

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
It under the left side cover, up high by the frame rail near the ECU.
No you cannot pull the code if the FI light is not illuminated.
Try putting an extra key, a small piece of wire with the ends stripped a bit and a 4mm allen wrench in your pocket.
This way when the FI light comes on, you can pull off the road, remove the seat & side cover and pull the code without turning off the bike.
Once you turn the key off, the fault code is not stored in a way that you can retrieve it yourself with out diagnostic software.
So if the fault code is not active still when you turn the key back, you will get no fault indication and no fault code in your odometer display.

BCS
LGB/FJB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts