M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When a mod. is made do you actually need a powercommander (or similar device). I am looking at putting pipes on my bike, and have not found any type of FI module that is on the market yet. What would you recommend?

Thanks for your help! :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Flem some users are using the FI2000/FI2000R that is currently available. Or depending where you are located someone in your area may have a Teka tuner which he can reflash your stock ecu settings to add or subtract fuel. I am in the charlotte area if you are intrested in the latter.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wildracing22 said:
Flem some users are using the FI2000/FI2000R that is currently available. Or depending where you are located someone in your area may have a Teka tuner which he can reflash your stock ecu settings to add or subtract fuel. I am in the charlotte area if you are intrested in the latter.
Iwould recommend the POWER COMMANDER III USB ,JUST BECAUSE THEY WILL BE ABLE TO ADJUST IGNITION TIMING AS WELL AS FUEL SYSTEM.

·
Registered
849 Posts
But until the power commander is released, I'll play it by ear and use the F12000R to richen things a tad when the pipes and the air cleaner kits come in. In the meantime the F12000R can help richen up some of the built in leanness.
Jer

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everybody for the information I appreciate it. Thanks for the offer WILD, but I live in Indiana, Oh wait that would be a good road trip :D. Anyway thanks for the offer.

Flem

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome Flem Indiana Here also. I spend to much time at local dealership here in terre haute.
they Put after market pipes on the bike in show room, Cobras i do believe. The tech Did me a favor and ran it without any FI mods after he put pipes on. His reply to me was. Unless i was doing the pipe change for performance reasons he didnt see a big diffrence in these and the stock pipes. Leaving everything else stock. I come off the Vtx and changed my Neo pipes to a 3 inch hard chrome. I didnt change anything else there and didnt see a diffrence.

·
Registered
86 Posts
J R said:
Are you sure about that? The older power comanders you could adjust timing .THEN they came out with the powercomander 3 usb and you could NOT adjust timing without buying ANOTHER box to adjust the timing altho it was trick cause you could adjust timing on each indv cyl.I dont think your gonna be able to buy the powercomander and adjust the timing all by itself im almost 100% sure.you wanna adjust the timing your gonna have 600+ bucks or better wrapped up in the whole deal to adjust the timing and set the a/f right.But I do like the being able to adjust timing :D But not having to puchase two boxes to do it ::) ck into it but i think there using the same box as the Busa with a different plug on the end and it DONT adjust timing.I could be wrong if they made somthing new ????
You are correct , the power commander buy itself will not adjust ignition timing . they will have a plug in module that you can add to be able to adjust ignition timing. you are supposed to be able to down load maps that are dyno proven. Idont think it will be out for awhile though.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
"Welcome Flem Indiana Here also. I spend to much time at local dealership here in terre haute.
they Put after market pipes on the bike in show room, Cobras i do believe. The tech Did me a favor and ran it without any FI mods after he put pipes on. His reply to me was. Unless i was doing the pipe change for performance reasons he didnt see a big diffrence in these and the stock pipes. Leaving everything else stock. I come off the Vtx and changed my Neo pipes to a 3 inch hard chrome. I didnt change anything else there and didnt see a diffrence. "

Thanks bolinrj:

I was told the same thing at the dealership in Muncie, but I do want more power :D!!! I just wish I knew more about bikes to help some of the others here on the board. I can do Titanium anodizing for some parts (small parts for now. It all depends on surface area). I am worried that with FI2000R that I would lean the motor out to much or not get it set correctly and ruin the performance all together. I do need more sound and power. I would like to remove the timing retard and the topend limiter, but I do not know if I would need a FI module to compensate, or if I got a FI module if it would have to be reset to compensate.

Thanks....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Has any one got one of the techlusion tfi boxes for the 109? i ordered one and had some questions.like does the bike need to be dynoed to set the box or do you just make adjustments untill the bike runs good.I know the tfi box was a lot cheaper than than a power commander and doesnt fool the ecm it adjusts the injector directly.also the reviews i read on it says it functions better than the commander.any input would be great.thanks
later

·
Registered
6 Posts
you would tune the bike just like any other tuning - dyno, street test, wide band o2 sensor, track times etc.  you can use th3e techlusion tfi or the yoshumira 421 to tune the stock ecm's efi system. both of these are only plugged into the ecm while the adjustment is made, then removed and the stock ecm retains the changes. you can reload the stock map with out any problem if you make bad adjustments. I am live in the baton rouge louisiana area and will be happy to let any one use my box.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Flem said:
Thanks everybody for the information I appreciate it. Thanks for the offer WILD, but I live in Indiana, Oh wait that would be a good road trip :D.  Anyway thanks for the offer.

Flem
Well if you don't make it down I come will come up there , I grew up and went to school in Kokomo..... All of my family still lives there and I come up normally twice a year. I am planning a summer trip now.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Wild that sounds good. Let me know when you will be up here. Maybe we can get a group together to play and ride. :bigthumbsup: Just let me know when. Thanks again...... :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts