M109 Riders banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a 2018 M109 Boss. I replaced the stock exhaust and air filters installed a Power Commander with an Ignition module. My FI light has been on since I made the changes. The code came up P1655 dealership said that my auxiliary throttle body wasn't opening up to a 100% says it was only opening up to 68% any ideas how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Hey guys I have a 2018 M109 Boss. I replaced the stock exhaust and air filters installed a Power Commander with an Ignition module. My FI light has been on since I made the changes. The code came up P1655 dealership said that my auxiliary throttle body wasn't opening up to a 100% says it was only opening up to 68% any ideas how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
P1655 is a fault parameter for the Secondary Throttle Valve Actuator.
As far as the dealer saying yours will only open to 68%, we would really need a bit more information about what gear, what throttle position and what RPM they got this value at.
Unless they had your bike on a dyno or they connected some sort of portable diagnostic tool to your bike while riding it, I would have to guess they got this value in neutral while your bike was sitting in their shop.
The secondary throttle plates are only programed to open between 36% - 51.2 % while in neutral on your model year.
So without further details it is difficult to tell if the dealer is on track with their analysis or if they are lost out in left field......which happens more than you would believe.

Since you say you just put a power commander on the bike the issue is very likely to be something simple.
The first thing I would confirm is that you did not pull any wiring loose for the secondary throttle plate actuator or position sensor or get a tye-wrap placed somewhere it should not be.
Also confirm that you did not mistakenly connect the power commander to the secondary throttle plate position sensor instead of the primary throttle position sensor.
I don't really use the power commander personally but I have heard of this happening in the past.

In the photo below you can see that the secondary throttle valve position sensor and the throttle position sensor are located in the same area and look nearly identical, so it would not be hard to confuse the 2.
This photo is black and white but I believe that secondary throttle position sensor has a black connector and the throttle position sensor has a gray connector.
White arrow in the photo is pointing to the secondary throttle plate position sensor connector and red arrow is pointing to primary throttle position sensor.
Be sure you connected the Power Commander to the primary throttle position sensor and not to the secondary throttle plate position sensor.

BCS

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Think you have forgotten more than I will ever know! LOL

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Think you have forgotten more than I will ever know! LOL
I agree with you 100% Stitch. Every time BCS responds to a situation or question on this Forum, I purposely take the time to read his comments/responses thoroughly, and sometimes multiple times, in order to gain a better understanding of how certain things work, with regard to the electronics, fuel, air, and other functions of the M109R and bikes in general. He is a wealth of information, and a great guy as well. We've been blessed over the years, with having several other members of this Forum who also possess and have shared a wealth of information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts