M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone having this problem? I just installed the improved 3M and it got rid of the high idle in N, but now the N and FI indicators are on. Bike seems to run Ok, but the lights are on. Wondering if it is somehow me. I hope it is as this is the 2nd 3M I have tried. What gives? I didn't try to exchange the old model, I just paid again for the new one and figured it was all worked out this time. I'm hoping it is me so I don't have to cry about how I paid twice for something and didn't get what I was hoping for. Although this is not exactly a difficult installation by any means so I can't see how it it could be me. Any ideas?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hey Slow, have you tried re-grounding it? Seems alot of the 'troubles' went away after a solid ground. Just my 2 cents. Cheers.

P.S. Keep us posted on how it works for you :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly, this isn't a complicated install. Two connections and that's it. I 'gotta say, the natives will be restless after this. I can hear general murmors circulating already. I'm actually getting ready to plug the factory connectors together and forget this whole thing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Damn, I just ordered one and got shipping confirmation. Your not the first to install the new version are you?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Ohhhhh, I'm here and listening. Please do tell me about your install? Any lose wires? Do you have it in the correct place? Does your speedo work?

I can assure you, unless this unit is bad it will work w/o any errors and you will get a neutral light when neutral is slected.

PM me if you still have any problems.... I'll make sure you are taken care of.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where is the correct place? Is there a place other than where the original connectors are located that this should be? Haven't ridden it yet due to weather, but tomorrow is supposed to be perfect so I'm not sure about the speedo yet. No loose wires that I can see. I didn't move anything else, just replaced the 1st 3M with the 2nd one. I will ride it tomorrow though to do a more thorough check. Fires right up and seems to run great, no raised idle anywhere, just the 2 lights on after it starts.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, just wanted to mention the Neutral light and the FI light stay on no matter what gear it's in. Maybe this will help, not sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having problems! :(

I got the new jsd-3m on the 18th of this month and it works great!
No nuetral light or f1 light and it idles perfectly.
What a huge improvement over the factory setting! :bigthumbsup:

Jeff will take care of this problem im sure!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
The problem as of in the morning, will be resolved. All I can discover is the unit is not working.... so I will send a new one.

·
Registered
666 Posts
jeffw said:
The problem as of in the morning, will be resolved. All I can discover is the unit is not working.... so I will send a new one.
Jeff i have to give it to yaaa THATS GREAT CS :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
New JSD installed today. All of a ten minute job, including the neighbor kids bothering me and working around hot exhaust.
No issues what-so-ever. Idle is normal, 900 RPM and no FI or Neutral lights. Bike was much better at low speed. Smoother through the lower gears at lower RPM's. Didnt try the top speed limiter removal yet.

Another :bigthumbsup: to Jeff and his product.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just installed the JSD-3M - works like a champ .... no issues with the idle, neutral light, etc ....

G

·
McAttack said:
Just installed the JSD-3M - works like a champ .... no issues with the idle, neutral light, etc ....
I'll second that. Way to go Jeff. Now I don't feel self-conscious at the red-lights with that high idle. My left hand thanks you as well.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Received the one I ordered last weekend on Tuesday night. Will be installing it this weekend and will let ya know!!  Thanks for the quick turn around, I wish I had time during the week to install it and enjoy, but Saturdays a coming!!   :bigthumbsup:  :bigthumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts