M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently installed a FI2000r ran great to start with. Two rides once coasted in my driveway and then would'nt crank 20 minutes later it cranked & ran fine then coming to work this morning I cut it off then was going to move it ,wouldnt crank again the settings are 1 3 2 anyone have any ideas

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
It spins wont crank
You need to get your terminology straight. If the motor is "spinning",ie turning over, that's the same as cranking. So you'll need to figure out if it's a fuel or spark issue keeping it from starting. Easiest thing to do would be to remove the fi2000 and see if the bike starts.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,861 Posts
A few on here have had problems with a wire coming loose inside the unit. I know Tiny71 had that happen on his. Check the wires coming out of it and see if one is loose. You can take the unit apart by popping it apart with a pin knife.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
You need to get your terminology straight. If the motor is "spinning",ie turning over, that's the same as cranking. So you'll need to figure out if it's a fuel or spark issue keeping it from starting. Easiest thing to do would be to remove the fi2000 and see if the bike starts.
Crank away BigB. :bigthumbsup: :agree:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had a similar problem with my bike after installing my Fi2000R. My problem was with the gas tank removal.... I pulled up too much before unclipping the wire harness under the tank. One of the wires popped out (brown with white stripe if I can recall). When I turned the key, I wouldn't hear the fuel valves cycle and the bike would not start. The starter would turn try but no avail. I took the tank off and found the wire out ... popped the wire back in and no problems since. This was my experience.

Good luck!

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
I had a similar problem with my bike after installing my Fi2000R. My problem was with the gas tank removal.... I pulled up too much before unclipping the wire harness under the tank. One of the wires popped out (brown with white stripe if I can recall). When I turned the key, I wouldn't hear the fuel valves cycle and the bike would not start. The starter would turn try but no avail. I took the tank off and found the wire out ... popped the wire back in and no problems since. This was my experience.

Good luck!
Had the same problem only I had to resolder the pin and reinstall it. Bike still started though as it only affected one injector.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts