M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in going to a 280 rear. I have read the concerns on the forums about mounting a 280 on the stock wheel. I agree that it wouldn't be a good idea. I spoke to the dealership today, and they said they can send the wheel off to have it widened, to accept the 280 safely. $500... Any one done this?

Give me recommendations on the best cruise control. I read on the forum about the electronic system, but it wasn't installed on a 109. I looked at one today that installed where the weights go on the end of the grips- seems pretty clean. Thoughts?

Thanks for everybodies help...

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I am interested in going to a 280 rear. I have read the concerns on the forums about mounting a 280 on the stock wheel. I agree that it wouldn't be a good idea. I spoke to the dealership today, and they said they can send the wheel off to have it widened, to accept the 280 safely. $500... Any one done this?

Give me recommendations on the best cruise control. I read on the forum about the electronic system, but it wasn't installed on a 109. I looked at one today that installed where the weights go on the end of the grips- seems pretty clean. Thoughts?

Thanks for everybodies help...
Don't know anything about the cruise control. I've seen a few members discuss the widening of the rear rim. There was a company that did not do the process safely and had some breaks and a few companies that did a good job. It make take a while to find it, but you might to find it with a search.

Maybe someone will chime in.
Good Luck with it. RIDE SAFE

·
Registered
735 Posts
Kosman is the company that widens the rear wheel. They had a problem with one that I kwow of and the guy who had it done said that he hit the same pot hole twice, but Kosman took care of the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts