M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just yesterday I experienced whatis to believe the "TUBE NUT BACK OFF" problem, bike is luanching forward while placeing in gear as if the clutch isn't pulled in.
Can you guys recommnd any good mechanics that you may know, or anyone that may feel free to help a fellow rider? I figure the stealer would probably rape me on the cost, but if anyone would like to help me I would greatly make if worth the time.........BTW I have no way tranport my bike, would have to buy a trailer hitch & rent a trailer.....

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
When you say it launched forward, did it shut off or did it just jump a little? It's not completely uncommon for it to jump some when you put it in gear.

Another question, have you checked your clutch cable at both ends at the barrels to see if it fraying any. Sometimes right before a cable goes out it can start acting funny.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Please give us a lil more detail, what happens before that? Like did you coast up to a red light /stop sign in neutral for a few car lengths? Or is this just starting the bike in the Garage and the going into first? The bikes moving an inch or two, or is it trying to take off without your consent.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is a how-to thread. Where are you located in Atlanta? I have the red jack you could borrow. I am in West Cobb.
Nine Rider
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82993&highlight=tube+nut
thanx, I've been looking at the thread but Im kinda ???? me actually doing it...

When you say it launched forward, did it shut off or did it just jump a little? It's not completely uncommon for it to jump some when you put it in gear.

Another question, have you checked your clutch cable at both ends at the barrels to see if it fraying any. Sometimes right before a cable goes out it can start acting funny.
Please give us a lil more detail, what happens before that? Like did you coast up to a red light /stop sign in neutral for a few car lengths? Or is this just starting the bike in the Garage and the going into first? The bikes moving an inch or two, or is it trying to take off without your consent.
Ok. I was in stop and go traffic for about 2 miles om I-20, while coming out of neutral into 1st gear the bike launched forward hard and stalled out. Pull to the side of the road and tried adjusting the clutch cable and nothing helped. Tried starting it while in gear and your could barely tap the ingintion switch and it'll launch forward as if the clutch wasn't pulled in.....:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
thanx, I've been looking at the thread but Im kinda ???? me actually doing it...

Ok. I was in stop and go traffic for about 2 miles om I-20, while coming out of neutral into 1st gear the bike launched forward hard and stalled out. Pull to the side of the road and tried adjusting the clutch cable and nothing helped. Tried starting it while in gear and your could barely tap the ingintion switch and it'll launch forward as if the clutch wasn't pulled in.....:dontknow:
I would definitely check your cable before tearing into the clutch. Check both ends, at the lever and at the arm underneath the side cover. It sounds very much like your cable is about to snap. If that is not the case then I would entertain the thought of tearing into the clutch. It's not to hard and if you have any questions shoot me a PM. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Here is a how-to thread. Where are you located in Atlanta? I have the red jack you could borrow. I am in West Cobb.
Nine Rider
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82993&highlight=tube+nut
west cobb huh? ever come out to the tuesday night bike night?? i don't think we've met yet..

Anyway, don't be intimidated by getting in to the clutch.. it's not that bad..

good luck though! I have a bike jack too and some extra metric tools laying around if you need to borrow some stuff.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
west cobb huh? ever come out to the tuesday night bike night?? i don't think we've met yet..

Anyway, don't be intimidated by getting in to the clutch.. it's not that bad..

good luck though! I have a bike jack too and some extra metric tools laying around if you need to borrow some stuff.
Thanx ,is there any other special tools I need other than a impact gun?????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts