1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
You suck,,,,,,,,,,,,:joke::joke:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I am just 30 minutes south of you. I will definitely be riding this week.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am just 30 minutes south of you. I will definitely be riding this week.
If you want we can hit angeles highway from tijunga. they were supposed to open today from La Canada. message me for more info. Im also down to go ride anywhere else

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I haven't seen the ground in almost a month now! Damn SNOW! Just keeps piling up and stacking on top of the snow packing it down even more. It rained on top of thesnow the other day, then it snowed on top of that. Talk about SLICK! Very unusual weather we are having.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
WA argggggggggggg

TonightTomorrowWedThuFri6-10 Day

Showers Late

Rain

Rain

Rain

ShowersExtended Forecast
High: 47°Low: 43°
High: 48°Low: 44°
High: 50°Low: 45°
High: 49°Low: 43°
High: 47°Low: 40°

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Angeles crest highway is a great ride and ride all the way to the 15, Woo Hoo:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
285 Posts
If you want we can hit angeles highway from tijunga. they were supposed to open today from La Canada. message me for more info. Im also down to go ride anywhere else
I would definitely love to do that, I will message soon. Thank you!

·
Registered
285 Posts
It's all good bro. He posted out of jealousy. I prefer snow, and four different seasons then being warm and breathing toxic smog all day :a20:
I remember in junior high school football (1986), the smog meter was so high we couldnt practice. It was a red or a purple (Unhealthy, Very Unhealthy). Since then I dont remember it being that bad, but it gets so bad you can see a brown layer of guck in the sky. Winter time during light rains and occasional winds it isnt nearly as bad. But cook it in that summer heat and it seems to get it angry.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Conversely, we're melting in the Pilbarra Region of Western Australia.

Fortunately I'm now working 11 hour nightshifts, 6 nights per week, building a huge new Liquid Natural Gas Refinery called PLUTO LNG, for Woodside Petroleum ... located about 1000 miles north of Perth in Western Australia....right beside the Indian Ocean.

The nights here are really beautiful now, but the daytime temperatures are starting to soar to 100 degrees Farenheit almost daily. By January and February we'll be seeing the mercury here heading into the 110 degrees+ Farenheit range daily. It's a furnace here in The Pilbarra Region of northwest Western Australia, during the summer months.

You guys may be freezing in the northern hemisphere now, but here in the Pilbarra, we are melting already. :beer3: Striving to force feed yourself enough water to avoid dehydration is a constant battle here...

There aren't many kangaroos around at the moment, but if we get a cyclone (hurricane) pass through the area....of which they are expecting 3 to 5 this season....their population will explode until they are like mice on the ground here. So much for riding the bike after that happens. :doh:

Anyway guys....stay warm. We'd happily trade you some heat for some cold, if only it were possible.

http://feriherliawan.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/concept20map-of-pluto-lng.jpg

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2010/07/23/1225895/999439-aus-bus-pix-pluto-project.jpg

For the record, we are a stone's throw away from the hottest place in Australia, the town called Marble Bar.

Marble Bar has an arid climate with very hot summers and mild to warm winters. The town set a world record of most consecutive days of maximum temperatures of 37.8 degrees Celcius (100 degrees Fahrenheit) or more, during a period of 160 such days from 31 October 1923 to 7 April 1924.[5]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marble_Bar,_Western_Australia

Marble Bar is our equivalent of the USA's Death Valley, for extreme heat.

- David
(Karratha, Western Australia)

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
I remember in junior high school football (1986), the smog meter was so high we couldnt practice. It was a red or a purple (Unhealthy, Very Unhealthy). Since then I dont remember it being that bad, but it gets so bad you can see a brown layer of guck in the sky. Winter time during light rains and occasional winds it isnt nearly as bad. But cook it in that summer heat and it seems to get it angry.
Honestly, I have been out there a few times and never really noticed it. I would love to live out near La Jolla myself. When I was working for a stock market regulatory agency, I was offered a pretty sweet job offer there. I almost wish I took it, but glad I didn't due to the fact that I didn't want the stress.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts