M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to hear some feedbacks on the following tips.
Please refer to attached pictures.
Thank you!
H

·
Registered
367 Posts
i had the scorpion tips and they sound awesome reminded me of a chopper sound. deff a good buy.. never saw or heard the other

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had the scorpion tips and they sound awesome reminded me of a chopper sound. deff a good buy.. never saw or heard the other
Did you have to install any fuel management system?
What do you have now?
I'm looking for something reasonable since I have so many mods on my list:drool:!
Thanks! H

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
What do you have now?
I'm looking for something reasonable since I have so many mods on my list:drool:!
Thanks! H
i know you have recently switched over from 90 to a 109, but you should really do some searches on here before posting, because there are tons of threads on the scorpion tips on here and fuel management systems. check out hink's signature, there are a ton of the FAQ's on there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What do you have now?
Thanks! H
Hi buddy, i just had the scorpion tips installed along with the filters and tfi fuel management system, The person who fitted these said that they go hand in hand. There is a remarkable difference and the scorpions sound great. cheers, mike:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
between those 2 pic. I like the scorpion tips the best I do not have them but they are defently my secone to the pipes I have I love my side burners!! If you just replace your exhause you will be fine if you do anything with your intakes too then your going to need a fuel prosesser!!! Good luck Bro!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
What do you have now?
Thanks! H
yes i installed the cobra fi2000r
now i have the roadburner 2.5 straight pipes

·
Registered
367 Posts
between those 2 pic. I like the scorpion tips the best I do not have them but they are defently my secone to the pipes I have I love my side burners!! If you just replace your exhause you will be fine if you do anything with your intakes too then your going to need a fuel prosesser!!! Good luck Bro!!
thats not true as soon as i installed the scorpion tips i new right a way i needed a fuel management system there was so much decel popping and ran like shyt in 3rd and 4th gears u deff need one with scorpion tips

·
Registered
176 Posts
I recently added the cobra fi2000r and scorpion tips, had K&N air filters for a while. I love the sound and the tips definitely set off the chrome wheel, caliper, wing arm, etc.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
thats not true as soon as i installed the scorpion tips i new right a way i needed a fuel management system there was so much decel popping and ran like shyt in 3rd and 4th gears u deff need one with scorpion tips
after installing the scorpion tips i noticed the bike had an extremely low idle (400-500rpm). i was also doing the ducks mod and PCIII at the same time so that solved the problem. i wouldn't have dared tried to ride the bike with such a low idle for fear that the whole bike was running too lean, we all know that these bikes come very lean from the factory as it is. although many say it isn't necessary until air intake mods are done, i would strongly suggest that a fuel management system be used when installing the scorion tips, if nothing more than a safety precaution to protect your $12,000 investment. even a completely stock bike will run better with a fuel management system. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
940 Posts
Hmmmm....I've read on here 1876 times that if you only do the exaust or if you only do the intakes you need no fuel mgt. and that decel poping could be minimized by blocking the pair valve.........So what's the real answer?

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Hmmmm....I've read on here 1876 times that if you only do the exaust or if you only do the intakes you need no fuel mgt. and that decel poping could be minimized by blocking the pair valve.........So what's the real answer?
that is the general consensus to follow. however, as i stated before, i found the bike to be dangerously lean after installing the scorpion tips and i was happy that i was also doing the PCIII and ducks mod all at once. i did fire up the bike after only installing the tips to hear what the bike sounded like and to tell if there was any difference in the idle. i'm glad i did, because i wasn't going to ride the bike like that. i did to be better safe than sorry.
people are going to give you suggestions and feedback, take it for what it is and in the end make the decision that makes you feel the most comfortable. like i said before, even a bone stock 109 will run better with a fuel management system so if you have the extra means lying around then go for it. the consensus that both exhaust and intake mods need to be done in order to require a fuel management system is also based upon saving some money and not having to spend it when you don't have to. but imho i don't mind spending a few extra hundred dollars to keep the bike from being too lean.

·
Registered
367 Posts
that is the general consensus to follow. however, as i stated before, i found the bike to be dangerously lean after installing the scorpion tips and i was happy that i was also doing the PCIII and ducks mod all at once. i did fire up the bike after only installing the tips to hear what the bike sounded like and to tell if there was any difference in the idle. i'm glad i did, because i wasn't going to ride the bike like that. i did to be better safe than sorry.
people are going to give you suggestions and feedback, take it for what it is and in the end make the decision that makes you feel the most comfortable. like i said before, even a bone stock 109 will run better with a fuel management system so if you have the extra means lying around then go for it. the consensus that both exhaust and intake mods need to be done in order to require a fuel management system is also based upon saving some money and not having to spend it when you don't have to. but imho i don't mind spending a few extra hundred dollars to keep the bike from being too lean.
:agree:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Scorpions

Just installed the scorpions tips with dual hypercharges and the power commander V with the autotune. Very happy with the final results. 08 M109R2

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i know you have recently switched over from 90 to a 109, but you should really do some searches on here before posting, because there are tons of threads on the scorpion tips on here and fuel management systems. check out hink's signature, there are a ton of the FAQ's on there.
I know my friend, I've been there already. I posted this thread for specific information and not generic. Even you made a nice contribution!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'd like to say thanks to everyone's response and opinion regarding the type of the tips.
I'm sold on the fuel management system already!
Thanks again for everyone's input.

·
Registered
46 Posts
:bigthumbsup: Go with the Scorpions. I just put em on and it sounds great and much cheaper then other pipes. Good luck :evil:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts