M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a memorial ride for the FDNY members that were lost during 9/11/01. The ride started in Brooklyn, went over the Brooklyn Bridge, up the FDR drive, across 96th Street, down the West Side Highway past Ground Zero/World Trade Center site and then on to the Red Rock tavern for a barbecue. There were about 5-6000 bikes and I was the ONLY 9 there. Everyone was looking at the ride and giving comments. All good except for one guy who was a complete moron said it looked like a cross between a scooter and a vespa. The guy is one of those who buys everything Harley to fit into the HD club. Needless to say, I ignored him thoroughly.

The ride was phenominal, with the 80 degree weather, the 6000 "friends" and the wonderful cause, it made for an AWESOME ride. What was also nice, was it was the first time the wife had been on a long ride with me, which only added to the plusses of the day.

The only bad part was the sore, and I do mean SORE, butt. After riding for 7 hours in stop and go traffic, my butt feels like it's on fire. LOL.

The looks I was given by all the other riders was one of respect and admiration, and even a bit of envy, especially from the rocket riders, and it felt really cool. There were even cagers who went out of their way to let me know their feelings about the bike. During a pit stop at one of the roadside rest stops, two guys in an Acura stopped behind the bike to admire the FAT A$$ in the back. Then as they were merging onto the Belt Parkway, they stopped, backed up and had to have a good look at the front of my blurple beauty. This almost caused an accident, because the stupid cagers couldn't take their eyes off her.

What added to the specialness (sp) of the day, is today is my 38th birthday, and they wife bought the bike as a present for me. Her only stipulation was she got to pick the color, which is fine, because it's an amazing shade.

I can honestly say this is the best birthday I have had in my 38 years and I owe it all to the best wife a man could have. Thank you Denise, Thank you.

To all the 9 riders out there, I can't wait to meet you all on the road. Until next time keep the rubber side down and the smile on your face.

:cop: :super: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Way to represent while honoring the bravest of the brave! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

Happy Birthday as well and :bigthumbsup: to the extremely wise woman that bought you such a kick-butt ride!

·
Registered
185 Posts
So that's why there was a steady stream of bikes this morning on the Garden State Parkway . . I should have skipped work and joined them ! ;)

G

·
Happy birthday. That's a very nice present. I think I got a couple of shirts this year... And the 109 I bought for myself lol.

·
Registered
441 Posts
i did the next best thing got ride of the wife and bough the 109. good luck with you new ride you will enjoy it . p.s. also a ex N.Y.er(Canaries Brooklyn) now in Delaware.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts