M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it might be nice to have a thread on the best ride in your local area just for fun and for reference for future trips. I'm in North Vancouver Canada and the Best local ride here is the 99 (Sea to Sky Highway) north to Sqwamish or even up to Whistler. This road was twined for the 2010 olympics and its twisty and Fast. Lost of Sport bikes and Few 9's. You have to watch out for the Mounties, they always get there Man or at least they try :D

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hey bud,

Just south of the border in Bellingham you have Chuckanut Drive... twisty along the water. Then you have Hwy 9 from Bellingham down south as far as you want to take it.

Then you have the run over to Winthrop, and you can make it a loop around to Wenatchee and back across Steven Pass then back up I5 to home.

Just a couple I can think of right now.

Good luck!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hampton Roads, Va - Pungo take it all the way down into North Carolina until you cant go any further. Lots of Crusiers and a few sports here and there, havent run into any 9's

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
My favorate ride is the Little Dragon

Crossing the Corydon Indiana bridge from Brandenburg, KY you take your first right onto Rt. 11. It's VERY Curvey and you parallel the Ohio River. The road has corners that sneak up on you so you have to be really careful, lots of hairpins too. It also has some whoop de do's and if your not careful and going too fast when crest some of them you come right out of your seat. I've been airborne a a few occasions. There are a few straights were you can take your beast to redline. I've had mine up to 147 MPH with some throttle left. You go through a few small towns that date back to the 1800's. It also takes you past the boat in Elizabeth, Indiana. It's a good place to stop and take a break, gamble or just get something to eat.

If you continue into New Albany, Indiana you take your first left going back toward Corydon. It too is VERY CURVEY with a beautiful scenec view of the Ohio River. This road has ALOT of long sweeping curves and you pass through yet again more small towns where you can take a break. When you eventually get in Corydon you pass through the historic town and continue into Leavenworth, Indiana. When you get there that are a number of places to stop, take a break and eat. My favorate is the Overlook Restrauant. It's a Restruant/Sports Bar about 800 feet high off a curve in the Ohio River, very scenec.

When your ready to go home you turn around going back into Corydon taking your first left. This a 14 mile straight stretch that takes you back over Corydon Indiana bridge and back into Brandenburg, KY. Here again it's 14 miles of straight road allowing you to open the beast up and she what she really has. The whole trip from start to finish takes a few hours. It's a blast. If your ever in the area give me a call at (270) 766-7711 and I'll take you on a tour of the Little Dragon.

Hampton Roads, Va - Pungo take it all the way down into North Carolina until you cant go any further. Lots of Crusiers and a few sports here and there, havent run into any 9's

·
Registered
423 Posts
anywhere in north central to north western New Mexico. Eagle Nest and Red River are amazing

·
Registered
976 Posts
91 east from LA to the 15 south back west on the Ortega hwy to the 5 north take the 55 north to Chapman, go east and follow the roads to Cooks Roadhouse diner for a burger. Double back to the 55 north to the 91 west and home.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Hey bud,

Just south of the border in Bellingham you have Chuckanut Drive... twisty along the water. Then you have Hwy 9 from Bellingham down south as far as you want to take it.

Then you have the run over to Winthrop, and you can make it a loop around to Wenatchee and back across Steven Pass then back up I5 to home.

Just a couple I can think of right now.

Good luck!
Yes!
And my Avitar is BullriderRider looking at that Pass to Winthrop, the motorcylce Mecca of The Pacific Northwest

·
Registered
824 Posts
Cherohala Skyway, NC
Doesn't it suck to have to ride 500 miles to get to a good road to ride?:dontknow:
But I have to agree, other than US 1 there just isn't much around PSJ.
As for here, I really enjoy and little loop around the Keystone area, From 315 and SR100 in Grandin, go north to 214, left to SR 100, left to 214, right to end, jog right to next left, follow around Lake Sante Fe. Then back to 100, right into Keystone. Great ride, nice elevation changes, good curvy roads, light traffic and decent speed limits.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Doesn't it suck to have to ride 500 miles to get to a good road to ride?:dontknow:
But I have to agree, other than US 1 there just isn't much around PSJ.
As for here, I really enjoy and little loop around the Keystone area, From 315 and SR100 in Grandin, go north to 214, left to SR 100, left to 214, right to end, jog right to next left, follow around Lake Sante Fe. Then back to 100, right into Keystone. Great ride, nice elevation changes, good curvy roads, light traffic and decent speed limits.
Yeah it sucks, (640 miles not counting the ride into TN). Occasionally I ride over to the nearby airport road that has a few 90's so I can scrape off the chicken strips; my 12 year old sons says if feels like I'm going to scape the mirrors off when he rides with me.

Oh well - cheap thrills. At least I can ride year-round. :joke:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yeah it sucks, (640 miles not counting the ride into TN). Occasionally I ride over to the nearby airport road that has a few 90's so I can scrape off the chicken strips; my 12 year old sons says if feels like I'm going to scape the mirrors off when he rides with me.

Oh well - cheap thrills. At least I can ride year-round. :joke:
Next time we post a ride up this way you should try to make it. Contrary to popular belief there is some good riding in FL.
It is about 100 miles from here to Dixie Crossroads.
We have some cool rides, I like to go to Micanopy thru Crosscreek, these are areas near Ocala. Good twisty backroads.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts