M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the look of the fat front, and also am happy to take advice from people with far more knowledge than I.

So I went into the local agent here in Auckland wanting to buy the rear tyre for the front and surprise surprise. No warrant will be issued if any tire rotation is not conforming to manufacturers specifications.

So apparently running the fat front down under is OUT ! ! !

Bugger. :-\

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I put a fatty 160 Metzler on the front today and love it. Night and day difference. Show the agent Metzlers' own words from their site on installing the tire backwards for the front.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got a similar message from Cycle treads. Didn't nention the warrant but advised me against it. Think I will still go the 160 when the front is nearly worn out. ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Been there and have done it and paid the price , coming up to 2 years ago. do not do it . Cornering will become harder . You will not notice at first but you will find after a while the bike will not handel corners as well as it should . i could go into all the reason but check out what happens at speed.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I like the look of the fat front, and also am happy to take advice from people with far more knowledge than I.

So I went into the local agent here in Auckland wanting to buy the rear tyre for the front and surprise surprise. No warrant will be issued if any tire rotation is not conforming to manufacturers specifications.

So apparently running the fat front down under is OUT ! ! !

Bugger. :-\
THATS BECAUSE OF WHAT HAPPENED IN FEB 2009 .

·
Registered
642 Posts
metzler make a 140 front tire looks good and handels well on the bike .
as for wof if you put back tire on front you will proberly need to turn it around when you get wof if you decide to go that way.
had a freind that did it and he had no trouble with wof

1 - 7 of 7 Posts