M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased some Kewlmetal Fat Fork tubes and was finally able to install them. All I can say is wow! I got black ones for my black bike and absolutely love them! The install was fairly straight forward and simple enough even I could complete it with the help of METU. The hardest thing for me was taking off the center nut on the upper triple tree. I didn't have a wrench or socket to fit it so I had to use a pipe wrench. A socket would have been much easier. Install took about 2 1/2 hours with a beer break. Thanks Big Joe!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I wheelie it and the front end stays together, I did it right. We've got enough to do this weekend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ppridgen1 said:
Looks SWEET Will.......thought we were gonna get to do that this weekend.....I feel all left out now :joke:
definately sets that black off ,way to go Big Joe !!!! Oh well, we'll get the power commander back on this weekend and let you show what they look like in a wheelie pose !!!!!!! We'll get you air cleaners too!
So where are we going to meet? If it wasn't for the fact that my daughter is having a baby on Thursday up in Virginia I would be there. I could even get Lamont to drive down and change the plastic. He needs a couple of days in the truck with his boys to get him fired up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lamonster said:
Okay I hate you now :evil: Still looking for my BLACK fat forks. :dontknow: :joke:
I got his set. The ones he took off a while ago. I got them while my bike was in the shop and didn't have time for the install prior to biketoberfest. They look awesome in person. I will have to take better pics later. I was in a rush when I got done with the install.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes i did. Several months ago. Been running without it for a while now. I like the stripped down look. I also only have one mirror. Thanks for noticing.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Just curious... does the black paint on the tubes have the blue flake in it like the rest of the bike?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Trouble_Is said:
Just curious... does the black paint on the tubes have the blue flake in it like the rest of the bike?
No, just Gloss black. Not at all noticable. Heck, you have to look hard to see the flake on the bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ppridgen1 said:
and no tag light....unless you count my headlight shining on it :joke:
No, I got a tag light now. Remember that ugly black wire you hate running across the hub? That goes to my tag light...

·
Registered
448 Posts
I was thinking about getting the chrome ones, but the black ones looks allsome. Did you get the chrome ones and painted them
painted them black. I didn't the think that black would look that good, killer job  :bigthumbsup: Godda start spending more $$$

·
Registered
600 Posts
toneout said:
No, just Gloss black. Not at all noticable. Heck, you have to look hard to see the flake on the bike.
They do look sharp :bigthumbsup: It helps carry the black all the way from the front tire to the tail light. Good choice :a18:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That looks so fraking wicked.... Makes me want to have a black bike... Big Joe needs to come out with one for each color of the M109R... :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts