M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where Q is the gravity wave heating rate in erg g-1 s-1, KH is the eddy diffusion coefficient for heat transport, e is the efficiency with which gravity wave energy is converted to heat, cp is the specific heat at constant pressure, R is the gas constant, H is the pressure scale height, and is the scale height of eddy diffusion.

The eddy diffusion coefficient for heat transport (KH) should equal the eddy diffusion coefficients for the vertical diffusion of constituents (Kzz) (e.g., Strobel et al. 1985), which can be estimated from the distribution of minor particle hitting the tank. Moses et al. (2002) summarized measurements of Kzz. If we assume that the reports of Kzz at the homopause refer to p ≈ 0.25 mbar, we can fit the reported diffusion coefficients with , where K0 = (2.86±0.77)´104 cm2/s is the eddy diffusion coefficient at 1 mbar, p is the pressure in mbar, and H/HD = 0.61 ± 0.12. The efficiency e is expected to be near unity summizing what we all already knew...

Black is the fastest.

Okay... that's all BS... I don't even know eddy.

·
Registered
363 Posts
What is this drivel, clearly you take us for fools. I think you need to fess up that those equations only hold true if you happen to find yourself cruising around on Jupiter. Since most of us do our riding on good ole terra firma then, as any school child knows, the resulting color frequency nearest to unity is SILVER. 8)

LG

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LionsGate said:
What is this drivel, clearly you take us for fools. I think you need to fess up that those equations only hold true if you happen to find yourself cruising around on Jupiter. Since most of us do our riding on good ole terra firma then, as any school child knows, the resulting color frequency nearest to unity is SILVER. 8)

LG
Busted... just couldn't resist getting into the whole color thing.... I figured there might be a scientist here.

·
Registered
593 Posts
BLAH, BLAH BLAH.......BLACK IS ONLY FAST @ NIGHT. WHY DOES BOEING AND LOCKEED MAKE ALL THE FIGHTERS OUT TO SILVER. HMMMMMM... :eek:

·
Registered
289 Posts
I was with some of my X rider buddies the other day and one guys ask "So, what color you going to paint it? It's already primer'ed up!" Which I gave a joken reply "I could paint it pink with yellow dots and it will still out run your X... " :duck:
We give each other hell all the time...

I'm surprised Zuki didn't come out with more actual colors (besides, just blurple). Even the 07's they have only one color, Red. Which I think if I would have waited for the 07's, I would have the red one. Seems like the Red brings out more detail on the bike. IMO.... ;)

·
Registered
593 Posts
Hey guys it could have been alot worse. Henry Ford stated to the masses that they could have any color they wanted as long as it was BLACK. No matter what color you chose its all the same with its shirt off. 8)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Hehehe..... He said homopause... </beavis and butthead voice>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts