M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the 109 for about three weeks now and I have been riding about 70 MPH no more. I was on my way home from work at 4am and I decided to see what she can do. So I opened her up and got to 100 MPH and I decided to go some more and finally I got to 120 MPH. This bike is awesome (alot better then my Ninja) and the torque is great. Well at 120 the wind was outrages I had to hold on for my life, I would get a windshield but i don't like the way it makes the bike look. OK guys stay safe.

·
Registered
664 Posts
:bigthumbsup: i completely agree with the windshields looking bad so... but the Tach does a great job of reflecting the air...

·
Registered
696 Posts
Moonbaby said:
:bigthumbsup: i completely agree with the windshields looking bad so... but the Tach does a great job of reflecting the air...
how much do you think the tach "deflects" vs. the headlight????.. cause i was thinking of doing the tach position mod...mjm

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RubenAlonzo said:
Tachometer, it measures RPM's (revolutions per minute) and it is the digital display that resides on your handlebars.
Boy I am embarrassed. I know what a Tachometer is, but I just did not understand the abbreviation. SORRY. And as for the tach (Tachometer) I dont think it helps with the wind. SORRY again guys

·
Registered
844 Posts
It sure doesn't block any bugs!

Hey NY Rider -- where are you in NY ? (used to live there)

You need to get a little friskier with your 109 -- only under the right conditions now -- not (say) in Manhattan.

Most of us run up to 100 MPH in 3rd gear.

Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
tomph1 said:

Â
No it doesn't , it just explodes them so you get sprayed with them instead :p

·
Registered
450 Posts
NYRIDER said:
Boy I am embarrassed. I know what a Tachometer is, but I just did not understand the abbreviation. SORRY. And as for the tach (Tachometer) I dont think it helps with the wind. SORRY again guys
Put your hand against your chest going down the road. Now tell me it doesn't do anything. What do you think the design was for? Tach lol.. come on... 120 is great.. 140.. no problem.. You owned a ninja? Ya right...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tomph1 said:

Hey NY Rider -- where are you in NY ? (used to live there)Â

You need to get a little friskier with your 109 -- only under the right conditions now -- not (say) in Manhattan.Â

Most of us run up to 100 MPH in 3rd gear.

Ride safe.
I live in Webster, thats a suburb of Rochester

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jamiesM109R said:
Put your hand against your chest going down the road. Now tell me it doesn't do anything.  What do you think the design was for? Tach lol.. come on... 120 is great.. 140.. no problem.. You owned a ninja? Ya right...
Yes I sold my 2001 Ninja ZX-7R to get the 109. I would post a picture but I dont know how to.

·
Registered
844 Posts
My grandparents were Webster natives, and always kept a cottage on Lake Ontario, where I spent a lot of time as a kid.

I was born in Rochester, but left there a long time ago (like 40+ years). I lived in the Westchester area outside of NYC for quite a while, and in the City for 10+ years.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts