M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help from all of you. Insurance is probably going to total my bike and I was wondering what fair market value would be for it. Had it 2 months and had 1800 miles on it. There aren't any used ones out there to judge how they depreciate yet so how can you come up with a good number on what its worth. I figured I would ask you guys and see what's the most you would pay for this one. It was flawless to. Everything was still stock except for the kuryakyn grips. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Well considering that some dealers are marking up the price on the M109R due to demand. I would expect it to be at least worth $11k. No less than 10k.

I sold my 2005 C90T and KBB showed it's retail value at 8500 after 1 year. I sold it for 9k and paid 10,700 out the door new.

I noticed when I purchased mine that Suzuki was pushing a 5k motorcycle replacement insurance. Why would I pay for insurance that only pays 5k on the bike in the event it is totaled?

·
Registered
64 Posts
the NADA is considered the standard for Fair Market Value. Go to http://www.nada.com They should have the 2006 models up there. Most Banks, Dealers, Departments of Motor Vehicles and Insurance companies use the NADA.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I looked up the NADA price and it said used low retail was $12,399. must be no used market yet but that is good news for you hopefully

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah 12,399 is what I got and my wife works at a bank with the NADA sounds like insurance company will be stuck paying full value.
"Live to Ride"

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Zukii said:
I looked up the NADA price and it said used low retail was $12,399. must be no used market yet but that is good news for you hopefully
Same here!! Good luck!! Hope you get what you deserve!! (in a good way ;) )

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well the insurance offered $11,500 which is what I paid for it. I was more than happy with that. Put on 1870 miles for $500. I had my money's worth. If any one wants a good salvage job, they said $6000 to buy it back. Already have a friend that said he'll take it but I said I would throw it on this site for the weekend and see if someone wants it really bad. So if you know of anyone that wants one, let me know. I do have an offer of $6000 so if someone wants to pay more for it, I can send pics and inform them what damage it has. Mostly cosmetic and then its still not bad. Just rode it home from dealer 5 minutes ago.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I bought the GAP insurance to cover any difference in the event insurance wants to buy my bike. BTW, what's the story behind yours? What happened?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts