M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to installing my Factory Pro Shift kit. I read all the threads on the topic here and decided to give it a try. Worst case scenario would be that it didn't make a difference.

I have to say that it has made a huge improvement in the clunk from first to second. It has also made the shifting to all other gears fantastic. It was well worth the money.

One thing to point out...... BigPappa's instructions were awesome. I am not a mechanical person at all and I only ran into one issue. I over torqued the bolt that holds on the spring and detent arm and snapped it off. OH Joy. :'(
Other than that....... very easy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Timely post. I'm planning to install mine tomorrow. I see that you have an 08 R2 just like I do and I've heard some opinions that it might not make that much difference on 08 or later models. Glad to hear you've experienced an improvement. Assuming all goes well tomorrow, I'll hopefully see a positive change as well. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I wasn't that impressed with mine....not that it didn't make a difference, I just thought for the price it might be a little more "sport bike like" through all the gears. Luckily for me I had "won" a $100.00 gift certificate from DLP so my out of pocket expense was much cheaper. But I wouldn't take it out now either ;) and your right about Harris's "how to".....bet it didn't take me more then a half an hour....course I had been drinking and time really slows down :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
You guys got to give it time with the nine...The motor and trans take a long time to brake in..I got 43,000 on my bike and it shifts real smooth...No 2 clunk. I had 25,000 and it started to shift better. now it shifts nice. The clunk from 1 to 2 clunks because the trans is tight and not broke in yet. I can even shift slow to 2 and no clunk. Love it. Give it time, it will free up. Synthetic helps lots too.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
I really liked what it did to mine, the short throws were the biggest improvement.

And I am forced to agree with SRFM109, they do shift better as you get more miles on them. Providing you don't trash the shift levers and dogs getting there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts