M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie here with the bike of my dreams.
Have only 300 miles on it and can't wait to get thru break-in.
Bike addidently fell ober (onto rubberized garage flooring) and broke clutch lever and rear turn signal. Went to dealers (pretty big outfit in Sarasota) and found they had no parts.
Anyone know of anywhere I could order parts?
Thanks much..Looking forward to a board and willing to post my tales of my new bike.
Brad

G

·
Sorry she hit the floor but these things do happen. The parts don't have to be stock do they? Why not go aftermarket and customize? This is the perfect opportunity.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had a similar moment, but somehow managed to catch it. Let me tell you that thing is heavy when it's leaned over to the point where the left side of the crankcase was almost touching the ground. It went so low, the front tire lost contact with the ground. No way was I letting it lay down, and just gave it all I got, and it was back up. Scary. This bike is heavy to pick up.

As Toneout mentioned, now is the perfect opportunity to customize. Sorry you had to deal with this problem - Al

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Have investigated aftermarket parts thoroughly. No-one has shift lever. I can still ride since it broke at the sacrificial point. I was wondering what that little indetation was...what a way to find out. I will call Kuryakin today hoping they have the chrome wide grips. Had them on my Shadow and liked them fine.. Let you know.
Brad

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re clutch lever (and brake as well) I got thru to Suzuki tech support who said he would investigate parts availability and get back to me in 3 days.
Keryoken (sp?) said they wouldn't have new bike levers til after mid year.
Will post updates on lever availability since those tips seem like they will break off right easily.
Bradbike

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
I would think Suzuki could do something.  When I picked up my bike I noticed the panel with the seat lock and the LF turnsignal bracket were damaged and they had the parts in about a week.  So I would think that someone there has spare parts.  They would have to for any create damage that happened.  Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Suzuki finally called saying my clutch lever will arrive at my dealer in two weeks.
Must be coming from Japan.
Bradbike

·
Registered
169 Posts
I got the blue m109 about a month ago.  First one at this dealer. The parts monkeys at the dealer were so UN-familiar with the bike that the took the seat cowl off and pitched it in the garbage thinking it was disposable!  Needless to say, after it was retrieved from the dumpster,  it had a few scratches in it.  The sales man told me they would order a new one for me if I wanted them to...................Hmmmmm, let me think. ( ::) ) ......... And my final answer would be YES, I ONLY LOOK STUPID!!! (Family trait)

Just got off the phone with them and they are still waiting on word from Suzuki about replacement parts.  I know the bikes are brand new, but I would have thought Suzuki would have made some allowances for spare parts to be in the system as the bikes hit the floor.

·
Registered
314 Posts
:verymad:  A deler in Pa. said 50 to 70 for a factory manual within the month, I'll post the part # when I find it. I may be looking for more as my key dangling on the turnpike modified the clearcoat. I checked to make sure that wasn't happening but apparently not often enough. Must have been those rest stop merge ramps.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got my shop manual the other day at dealers. Cost around $75.
It's a super manual. Has everything you might need to do anything up to engine and tranny work.
Just got to figure how to use it without getting it dirty with my grimey hands.

·
Registered
119 Posts
BradBike said:
Got my shop manual the other day at dealers. Cost around $75.
It's a super manual. Has everything you might need to do anything up to engine and tranny work.
Just got to figure how to use it without getting it dirty with my grimey hands.
I hear ya. I have manuals on my boat that you can hardly open anymore due to grease from rebuilding the outdrives. The manufacturers need to make these things available on CD. Would save a few trees and you could print out whatever part you needed for the task at hand. I guess the stuff would be too easy to pirate then. ::)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.