M109 Riders banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to order up some spray paint to redo a couple of the radiator shroud pieces. Did our M109's come from the factory with a clear coat?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Of course it does... Auto paint from a can is garbage. You need to get a two stage paint. You get what you pay for and there is a reason why it comes off so easily. most body guys will use like a PPG. That is expensive however. I suppose two stage in a can will be better than nothing but you can get an HVLP gun for pretty cheap. If you want your paint to look halfway decent use a gun or have a pain shop do it, even when I did my S.H.I.E.L.D. car in satin its just dulled down clear coat!
IMG_20190517_121459_507.jpg

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
If you're color matching, go to colorrite.com. there is no paint code to match it but Colorrite matches perfectly. You'll have to select year and color you need. It's quality product.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input guys, I was fortunate in that I just found the 2 pieces I needed on Ebay, so I won't be needing to paint after all.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks for your input guys, I was fortunate in that I just found the 2 pieces I needed on Ebay, so I won't be needing to paint after all.
Nice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts