M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys.looking for some advive 2007 109............weather getting warm here in western PA.
problem with the 9,when sitting in traffic or in town with hot weather my F1 light will come on and flash and bike seems to have a vapor lock issuse.
if i stop the bike and cool for several minutes release gas cap pressure she will run fine again till i get into town or traffic.
antifrezze was on the low side i did top her off and the colling fan does come on and run....
bike does have about 12,000 on her and plugs are original getting ready to change them,antifreeze was flushed and changed last year.
any comments will be appreciated.
thanks...ken

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
Ken, the first thing I noticed was the comment about stopping and releasing the fuel tank pressure. You shouldn't have any pressure in the tank since it's vented. You don't have one of the RIS caps on it do you?

And fuel injected engines really don't vapor lock like the old carburetors did. Since the system is under pressure any vapor that forms gets compressed and cleared out without you even noticing it.

Have you tried pulling the codes to see what it says? If it's overheating you have a temp light that comes on. The FI light is telling you something else.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
:agree:That could be it . !

Also use some coil cleaner on your radiator extra attention to the bottom (spray foam type ). you will get alot of grit that hangs around . every little bit helps to cool it down some .

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Also... might take your gas cap apart and clean it.:dontknow:
I looked at mine the other day and couldn't believe how dirty it was.;)

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for input i cleaned k&n two weeks before our meet but will pull them again and check.
zoom.........when i attempted to pull code all i got on display was the standatrd coo code with slash mark in the middle for the tps sensor...unless i am pulling codes incorrectly.dont have the tool using the paper clip trick on the plug.
i just got in and going to pull cap off and clean,i spoke with local rider kevin and he tells me that their are seals inside the cap..says that he has seen a rebuild kit on e bay for this,i havent checked myself just taking his word on that he said he did a rebuild on a suz sport bike a few years ago.
again my cooling fan is running and fluids are full.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also... might take your gas cap apart and clean it.:dontknow:
I looked at mine the other day and couldn't believe how dirty it was.;)
l huff..i took cap apart seems that check valve ball was possibly stuck and rubber plunger wasnt moving either i cleaned and have been running bike but weather hasnt been as hot either....

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
l huff..i took cap apart seems that check valve ball was possibly stuck and rubber plunger wasnt moving either i cleaned and have been running bike but weather hasnt been as hot either....
Interesting. Distant1 is having some of the same problems as you. I was having a problem with the bike over-heating or at least feeling like it. I changed the engine coolant and the temp sensor(Probably didn't need to)and the bike cooled way down. Didn't run very hot at the meet. I think the course of action for Distant1 is going to be change the coolant and temp sensor, change the fuel filter and clean cap.

I couldn't see K&N's running into a problem unless they were fully encased in dirt. Even dirty they let more air in then the stockers.;) Hopefully you have fixed your 9.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts