M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never had a single problem . The bike has 7,200 miles on it with the Cobra Tri-Pro exhaust put on since new at the dealer at the time of the purchase brand new in 2013 , totally open straight thru exhaust , so no valves , nothing and now the F1 light is on , not flashing , but solid on . What can it be ?
The bike has an X-TRE and a Cobra fuel management manual FI-12000 . Hyperchargers on the intake that work great , vacuum also ok on those .
Enormous power , idles ok , always have used Seafoam fuel cleaner . I read the symptoms of a dirty fuel filter and it has none of those at all . Always 93 octane fuel used .
I am puzzled by this thing . Any ideas will be welcome before I have to go to the dealer , Thanks

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,662 Posts
Never had a single problem . The bike has 7,200 miles on it with the Cobra Tri-Pro exhaust put on since new at the dealer at the time of the purchase brand new in 2013 , totally open straight thru exhaust , so no valves , nothing and now the F1 light is on , not flashing , but solid on . What can it be ?
The bike has an X-TRE and a Cobra fuel management manual FI-12000 .
Enormous power , idles ok , always have used Seafoam fuel cleaner . I read to symptoms of a dirty fuel filter and it has none of those at all . Always 93 octane fuel used .
I am puzzled by this thing . Any ideas will be welcome before I have to go to the dealer , Thanks
Did you pull the code? Do that first, please..
How To: Suzuki Fi code check with the Suzuki...

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,049 Posts
Don't forget, the FI light has to be on to be able to pull the codes. Sounds like yours is on all the time so that shouldn't be a problem. I start them up and hit the kill switch and then pull the code. Once the key is turned off the code is erased until it shows back up again.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Pull your left side cover before starting the bike.
Then start the bike, look to see that the FI light is on and then install the jumper with the bike still running.
Saves a lot of trial and error with getting only C-00 code if jumper is installed first.

BCS

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
ok, guys, I did exactly as C-sparky suggested and the result code is : C-46 "exhaust control valve actuator " .
What is that ? my bike has had an aftermarket straight thru exhaust Cobra Tri-Pro from zero miles on day one , installed by the dealer , so I am at a loss here .
There are no cables , sensors , valves, or connectors attached to the exhaust at all . I took it out to re-paint it some months ago and besides the exhaust tube connectors to the cylinders , there is nothing .
This is really weird .
Can it be that at the time of installing the Cobra Tri-Pro exhaust in 2013 , the dealer may have installed some kind of electronic gizmo to fool the ECM and now this thing is gone bad ? I am just assuming this, of course . Everything else is ok , except for the damn red F1 light on the dash .
What to do or what to replace ? Guys , I really need help here ...
Thanks

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,662 Posts
ok, guys, I did exactly as C-sparky suggested and the result code is : C-46 "exhaust control valve actuator " .
What is that ? my bike has had an aftermarket straight thru exhaust Cobra Tri-Pro from zero miles on day one , installed by the dealer , so I am at a loss here .
There are no cables , sensors , valves, or connectors attached to the exhaust at all . I took it out to re-paint it some months ago and besides the exhaust tube connectors to the cylinders , there is nothing .
This is really weird .
Can it be that at the time of installing the Cobra Tri-Pro exhaust in 2013 , the dealer may have installed some kind of electronic gizmo to fool the ECM and now this thing is gone bad ? I am just assuming this, of course . Everything else is ok , except for the damn red F1 light on the dash .
What to do or what to replace ? Guys , I really need help here ...
Thanks
Cobra Tri Pro provided a little metal manual piece which is installed on the Exhaust Valve MotorActuator, and that setup simulated the exhaust valve, gears iside the motor box are many times stripped and therefore signal to ECU is sent which triggers FI light. I would start there.
The motorbox with the metal piece is shown here:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
OK, I found it . It is mounted on reverse on a metal plate that makes it look like factory . It is attached with 2 bolts .
I can take it out , no problem .
Now, the Revo eliminator will take a month to arrive from Taiwan , so I looked up the VIZI-TECH part on EBAY that has 10 year warranty and cost $39.00 . It cut be at my house in 5 days or less .
Exhaust Servo EXUP F1 light Eliminator Suzuki BOULEVARD M109R2 -10 yr wty | eBay
Will that solve the problem ? Please, let me know .
I will be waiting for answer so I can order it today .

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,049 Posts
That should solve your problem. Once you install the servo eliminator you can remove the old module that is bad.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That should solve your problem. Once you install the servo eliminator you can remove the old module that is bad.
I already did . I removed the module without problems , not that difficult at all . I also ordered the part from VIZI-TEC , so now to wait for arrival 4 to 5 days .
Guys, I have no enough words to express my gratitude ... If I were to take the bike to the Suzuki dealer , it would cost me hundreds of dollars to have it fixed , instead of $41.73 tax included .
I would post result when I finish the installation of the part as soon as it arrive .
Once again , many thanks to devili , Zoom and C-Sparky .

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
It's too bad that Suzuki had to alter the way that worked. On the early models, you simply pulled a wire out of the computer and no more FI light for that. Mine's been like that since 2010. Pulled the wire, put a piece of black heat shrink tubing on the end, zip-tied it out of the way. Done. I just have that blank piece of metal hanging down by the collector that I keep thinking I should cut it off and toss it in the round-open-top-file.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's too bad that Suzuki had to alter the way that worked. On the early models, you simply pulled a wire out of the computer and no more FI light for that. Mine's been like that since 2010. Pulled the wire, put a piece of black heat shrink tubing on the end, zip-tied it out of the way. Done. I just have that blank piece of metal hanging down by the collector that I keep thinking I should cut it off and toss it in the round-open-top-file.
Assuming positively that this gizmo will fix the F1 light , I would still keep the mount bracket for the servo motor on the bike to fill up the space left by the servo motor so it will look like factory
Update : the part was shipped today and will arrive in 3 to 4 days .

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
The bracket for that on mine is behind the collector, down low. Anyhow, I have a custom made piece of polished stainless steel that covers where that half moon piece used to reside.

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Well, the bracket mount , exactly like this one below :

on my bike it is placed right behind the exhaust .
On top of it , to the left I have a semi-circled chrome cover that along with the motor chrome cover , covers the upper side perfectly including cables , connectors , etc .
I just left the bracket mount in place to fill up the empty space behind the exhaust .
I would probably use that empty space in the future for something , lol...
The semi- circle chrome piece can be seen on these pics :

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update :
Guys, the servo eliminator from Vizi-Tec arrived and it works perfectly . The F1 light went off instantly as soon as I started the bike . I let her run for about 20 minutes to see if there was a flicker , or something ... nothing . It is perfect.
My F1 light problem has been solved 100% .
Many thanks to all :):);)

·
Registered
2009 / VZR1800
3,662 Posts
Update :
Guys, the servo eliminator from Vizi-Tec arrived and it works perfectly . The F1 light went off instantly as soon as I started the bike . I let her run for about 20 minutes to see if there was a flicker , or something ... nothing . It is perfect.
My F1 light problem has been solved 100% .
Many thanks to all :):);)

(y) ...🍻

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Today`s update : It has been 10 days since I installed the VIZI-TECH servo eliminator . Today , as a final last check , I took the bike out for a 20 mile short hot run on the highway (80-90 mph) so as to check if there was any flickering on the F1 light or something out of whack at all ... nothing . I am happy to report that this gizmo really works , the bike works perfect and I am totally satisfied about it .

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,049 Posts
Excellent! Glad the problem stayed fixed, and thanks for the update.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts