M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have a good location for mounting the EZ-PASS on their bike? I was up at the OCC run & saw a member who had theirs mounted in between his risers on top of the triple tee. He said it worked good. BUT NOT on my bike, ended up going thru the AC EXPRESSWAY Exit & the green lite didnt go off reading it.... Looks like ill have to put it back up on my V-STREAM SHEILD AGAIN. I was perfect hiding down betwwen the risers but too well hidden i guess? Any one else have a place? not including mounting it to your helmet! LOL:joke::dontknow::dontknow:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I wire tie mine to my mirror
Edit!

Sorry, it was on the front of my gps mount

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have mine mounted between the risers as well. I have found that if you ride directly in the center of the ezpass lane it will read it. I know that this may not be a good idea with all the oil and other crap froms cars but it works for me.
:cop:
Anyone else have a good location for mounting the EZ-PASS on their bike? I was up at the OCC run & saw a member who had theirs mounted in between his risers on top of the triple tee. He said it worked good. BUT NOT on my bike, ended up going thru the AC EXPRESSWAY Exit & the green lite didnt go off reading it.... Looks like ill have to put it back up on my V-STREAM SHEILD AGAIN. I was perfect hiding down betwwen the risers but too well hidden i guess? Any one else have a place? not including mounting it to your helmet! LOL:joke::dontknow::dontknow:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have mine mounted between the risers as well. I have found that if you ride directly in the center of the ezpass lane it will read it. I know that this may not be a good idea with all the oil and other crap froms cars but it works for me. :cop:
LOL Your probably the member I was talkin to up at OCC!! Is yours the white 9? It was a GREAT place but doesnt read well...:-[:-[

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
i have mine tucked up in my headlight nacelle and it works fine each and every time.
i also have my HID ballast and stebel air horn in the nacelle and there is till plenty of room for the transponder. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
948 Posts
The first thing I did was cover mine in Black Duct tape. As long as there is no metal or foil in the tape it should not effect how it reads ... at least not in Oklahoma. Then I velcroed mine in between the tach and the Headlight nacell between the risers. Looks ... almost invisible unless you are looking for it. It sits behind my windsheild so no one bothers it and it has some protection from the weather.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Papalobo has it in the headlight nacelle. He says it works fine. Hopefully he'll chime in later.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ENDED UP PUTTING IT BACK ON THE V STREAM/SHIELD. JUST SO I WONT GET IN ANY MORE TROUBLE ..........:cop:

·
Registered
327 Posts
e-z pass location...

i have an e-z pass tag holder with 2 suction caps, can be mounted in car windshield...I mounted on top of tach.... works fine.. easily removable and [email protected] 1st. i thought it would fall off...but took a ride, stayed on fine @ 90mph...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Left jacket pocket...pull it out when I go thru the toll, return it to pocket before starting back off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts