M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
there is no extended swingarm for the m109 due to the fact it is a shaft driven bike and would look stupid anyway, but there are a couple of aftermarket swingarms that allow you to run a 300 tire, there just wider and no 330's

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
no, it would just look stupid and the tire would not fit under the fender, the back would have to be jacked way up. The only reason to extend the swing arm is to stop wheelies and they aren't a serious problem

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the idea from a tricked out Busa. Only a 2 or 3 inches extention. That is about the max for the driveline. It can be done. Come on guys, think outside the "Box"

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
no, it would just look stupid and the tire would not fit under the fender, the back would have to be jacked way up. The only reason to extend the swing arm is to stop wheelies and they aren't a serious problem
:dontknow: Think about it, if you extend the wheel base & fender it gives you more room for art work? :doh:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Drive by a big window and look at yourself, the back section, from your back to the tail light appears short to me. The proportion's are alittle off. The 9, with the drag bar's and very large engine, tall at the riser's has drag bike line's. With an extended wheel base it would be better proportioned. More room for a passenger. Wheelie bars, nitros tank, etc. Just the essentials:a18:
that is why you get a different fender......check sig.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Drive by a big window and look at yourself, the back section, from your back to the tail light appears short to me. The proportion's are alittle off. The 9, with the drag bar's and very large engine, tall at the riser's has drag bike line's. With an extended wheel base it would be better proportioned. More room for a passenger. Wheelie bars, nitros tank, etc. Just the essentials:a18:
Wow, good minds think alike! I actually emailed a custom shop earlier today in Raleigh, NC that specializes in extended swing arms for many crotch rockets to inquire about doing a shaft drive extension, specifically on a 109. I'll let you know what I get back from them. Of course you know they are only two hours away, I'll be the guinea pig for them!

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Well, two of the main reasons for extending a swingarm is 1) better traction and 2) to help keep the front end from lifting. Well, this bike does not have problems with either. That being said, then the only viable reason other than that is for looks---because there is NO performance advantage. So, if you decide to pursue this---you can expect a rough figure of 10 grand or more to get someone to even think about it. Good Luck!!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Why dont you take a side on photo of your bike and do some photoshopping with it to see how it looks with the swinger extended.

I agree with the guys above. I also think it will look like crap. Not to mention the adverse affects a stretched swinger will have on handling. But if you got a burning need to do it, then why not. Just make sure you keep the original parts so you can change it back to stock if you dont like it.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
I say we put you in a box and kick the s#it out of it.

this has to be the stupidest post on here. :bdh:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Surely someone can photo shop it so we can see it before the idea is obliterated. I'm open to the possibility it could look cool even though it would be like me going 300 tire. Just not cost effective for me. But damn it looks sweet.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Not only will it not give you more traction and keep the front wheel down but it will handle like crud.You may have seen a busa with an extended but have you rode one.It is for strait track only.My son did this to one of the many bikes he owned just try to turn the thing i know it handled like crud.So keep this in mind when you go out of the BOX!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Lots of issues to wrestle for that kind of mod, but if your so inclined go for it. I would photoshop or draw it up first. Measure twice cut once. Good luck. 8)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts