M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading some posts on drilling 8 1/2in holes in the stock pipes, I've read that some also drill out the baffles. I am new to cruisers (10yrs of riding GoldWings). I have an 08 C109R. Question is, whats the process for drilling out the baffles? I have already drilled the holes around the center hole and like the growl, now I want the deeper muscle cruiser sound.

·
Registered
735 Posts
drilling the baffles

I just finished that process on my M109R it is basically taking a 12 inch extention and a 1 1/4 inch hole saw going into the pipe and drill two baffles out of the top pipe and two out of the bottom pipe. go to the HOW TO:STEP BY STEP forum on the M109 website there is a step by step procedure in there that has pics and show you what you need.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Any tuning required w/ debaffling?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Any tuning required w/ debaffling?
no tuning required!!! its the cheapest bestest mod you can do. just know that its only the beginning. i see new pipes in your future but drilling the baffles would be a good start. i was actually very happy with my drilled pipes until i bought some exhaust locally for cheap. after i put those on i wasnt the same.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
no tuning required!!! its the cheapest bestest mod you can do. just know that its only the beginning. i see new pipes in your future but drilling the baffles would be a good start. i was actually very happy with my drilled pipes until i bought some exhaust locally for cheap. after i put those on i wasnt the same.
haha oh there's a hell of a lot more then pipes in my future!! I'm just getting started!!8):bigthumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts