M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always heard great things about supertrapp exhaust mufflers because of the adjustments you can make with adding or removing disks. If I did the exhaust mod and put a 5" supertrapp muffler on the bike with the adjustable disks can you really get anybetter than that?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Having had it, I can tell you that you end up needing to choose between torque v. HP + sound.

Do not get me wrong. The sound is awesome, but to get the best sound, you give up some torque.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
Have fun with it. I had one on mine at one time and never could get it where I liked it. If you add more discs to free up the exhaust flow it gets loud. Put more discs on to quiet it down and it loses performance. I was going to try one of the adjustable end caps on mine to see what that did but decided to stop putting money in it. Plus the sound with all the discs wasn't something I liked, when you let off the throttle instead of having a nice deep purr it made a kind of "huffing" sound, like air was being drawn back into the exhaust.

Some had/have them and like them, but I didn't. It does look good though. And as far as being the best, there are better pipes out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts