M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there guys! did anyone put wrap tape on the exahust?? i plan on removing the exhaust shields and put some wrap tape on there.....i read that this is good for the bike...did anyone did this? you have any pictures? how does it look?

Thanks alot

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
looks OK if you are into the look , definitely not for chromaholics.

I find it warmer on the inside of the leg while your foot is on the ground ( while stopped at a red light ) and you need to spray it down with heat paint now and then to keep it black ( or whatever color you use )

Only reason I used it was to cover the imperfections of the stock pipe . I had the entire pipe coated with ceramics to keep the heat in .... I would suggest you do the same.

·
Registered
8 Posts
not actually good for the bike. It basically keeps the exhaust gasses at high temps up against the head, and there are a lot of different schools of thought at that point. I have read some articles where it helps to evacuate the exhaust gasses from the head faster and others where they say that the wrap will increase HP

I have used it on other bikes and when the pipes are out of the way then it is not a bad thing, but the heat off the pipes is pretty bad. I did not notice any HP gains.

With the 109 where your leg is right by the pipes I would not want to do it. I can tell you that burning yourself on a wrapped pipe is just as bad as a regular pipe. Also I think when they break in after a month or two then they look like hell.

JMHO

·
Registered
877 Posts
i took off exhaust and shield wrapped then put shield back on...dont know if made a diff or not cant really tell...1 thing after i wash bike water steams off of it...:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
not actually good for the bike. It basically keeps the exhaust gasses at high temps up against the head, and there are a lot of different schools of thought at that point. I have read some articles where it helps to evacuate the exhaust gasses from the head faster and others where they say that the wrap will increase HP

I have used it on other bikes and when the pipes are out of the way then it is not a bad thing, but the heat off the pipes is pretty bad. I did not notice any HP gains.

With the 109 where your leg is right by the pipes I would not want to do it. I can tell you that burning yourself on a wrapped pipe is just as bad as a regular pipe. Also I think when they break in after a month or two then they look like hell.

JMHO
Hotter gases flow faster , keeping heat inside the pipe helps it flow however I doubt it really makes that much difference unless you are playing with a full on race engine . I ceramic coated my pipe to keep the heat in before I wrapped it ... I have never had a problem with burning myself on the pipe , it gets about as hot as the stock shields do after riding for awhile ....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts