M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok trying to decide which exhaust to go with i,am down to these two give me some imput pros or cons Hard Krome Dual Radius Pipe or the Cobra Swept Exhaust ?

·
Registered
877 Posts
hard chrome...
dont know how they r on scrapin i know the sweeps u drag em a lil if ur lowered...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
138 Posts
hard chrome is a better quality pipe, but that is just my opinion! I had a set of cobras on my intruder 1500, and switched to the hard-chrome! mucho better

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i would say the HC as well but they might dirty your wheel quite abit more than the cobras as they are shorter.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I like the cobras better because they cover the whole swingarm

·
Registered
738 Posts
HC has cleaner radius, and appears to sit higher, making it less likely to drag in corners. Just those two reasons alone would make me choose the HC version.

Seriously... how often do you pull your rear wheel?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
To me the sweeps have a cleaner radius and compliment the lines of the bike a lot better. Just an overall cleaner, crisper look to me.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I like the swepts better. They look "finished" where the HC looks too short. I like the sound of the swepts, but I haven't heard the HC yet.
In your pictures, the HC looks to be covering the chrome motor case more..looks a little high to me where the radius is.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I like the swepts better. They look "finished" where the HC looks too short. I like the sound of the swepts, but I haven't heard the HC yet.
Bob.you goning to make the ride on saturday..

ken

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I like the V&H BigShots better then both of them tho, I know someone whos selling them pretty cheap :bigthumbsup: ;)

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
i would say the HC as well but they might dirty your wheel quite abit more than the cobras as they are shorter.
:agree: The cobra has the tapered tip where as the HC are just cut & it looks like the exhaust would spill over onto the rim.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Try and find some local riders that may have them. That you you can see and hear them on a 9 first hand before you spend that hard earned $$ of yours.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
The way the HC's end makes them look like they were just cut off. And they look too short. Ugly. Then again, I have the Cobras so I may be a bit partial.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts