M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Awesome! :bigthumbsup: Thanks for the clip and for your pics and hard work.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
sounds baddass. ride any different?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it definetly has more on the top end, and i just ordered theFI2000r the lower rpm's are a little lean. going to the dyno next thursday, i'm going to do a before and after the fi2000r.

·
Registered
209 Posts
All that work and you still have the stickers on the tank lol. Nice job man sounds nice.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes i put the reflectors back on until the taillight integrator comes out i just drilled wholes through the reflectors for now. and i took one of the stickers off, just haven't got around to the other one yet.

·
Registered
315 Posts
That is a sound sweet sounding bike. Thanks for the upload. I can't wait to get to work on mine.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
All that work and you still have the stickers on the tank lol. Nice job man sounds nice.
i would venture to say that taking off the stickers is harder :p. man, i was cursing suzi the day i took mine off.

·
Registered
525 Posts
BGNICK said:
Those look just like the baffles in my buddy's C50. I remember seeing a "HOW TO" video for his baffle removal. Somewhere.... I wonder if it would apply to the 109 as well. If so, it would be simple to get them out.

BTW, sounds great. And I like what you did with the turn signals.

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I never said it was easy and its certainly not as easy as the video piece indicates. Our baffles are connected differently than in the video. you really need a long screw driver and hammer to pop the welds there are three tabs instead of two like in the video. Took me upwards of three hours to do the three mods. could prob. do it again in half that time now that i don't have that learning curve. Definetly worth doing, the sound is amazing.

·
Registered
525 Posts
BGNICK said:
I never said it was easy and its certainly not as easy as the video piece indicates. Our baffles are connected differently than in the video. you really need a long screw driver and hammer to pop the welds there are three tabs instead of two like in the video. Took me upwards of three hours to do the three mods. could prob. do it again in half that time now that i don't have that learning curve. Definetly worth doing, the sound is amazing.
OK, so there are some differences with the baffles. A third weld. I guess this method gets you half way then :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts