M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just got in my Detachable Hard Saddlebags from the Tsukayu Manufacturer in Japan. They are set up for the stock exhaust, but I was curious is anyone knows of any upgraded exhaust I can install that will fit????

·
Registered
7,041 Posts
I believe with the cut out you can run just about any exhaust. The question comes into play, when you want a shorter exhaust as it might not clear the bag and eventually turn the paint black from the exhaust fumes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe with the cut out you can run just about any exhaust. The question comes into play, when you want a shorter exhaust as it might not clear the bag and eventually turn the paint black from the exhaust fumes
Good question, well the way it’s set up right now it doesn’t look like the exhaust will not extend past the bags so I’m hoping the matching paint job will handle it well.

·
Registered
7,041 Posts
Good question, well the way it’s set up right now it doesn’t look like the exhaust will not extend past the bags so I’m hoping the matching paint job will handle it well.
You will be hard pressed to find one to go all the way out that far. Maybe the Long Shot exhaust

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,049 Posts
You will be hard pressed to find one to go all the way out that far. Maybe the Long Shot exhaust

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I had a set of Long Shots on mine, or at least they were something similar to those. I'll see if I can find a pic of it with those on it. They may have been called Speedster Longs, but I think they were about the same thing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a set of Long Shots on mine, or at least they were something similar to those. I'll see if I can find a pic of it with those on it. They may have been called Speedster Longs, but I think they were about the same thing.
Okay cool, and you had them with the same bags. Awesome. Look forward to the pic. 😃

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,049 Posts
Okay cool, and you had them with the same bags. Awesome. Look forward to the pic. 😃
Never had those bags, but I did have a set of Leather Lyke bags on with them. I was worried about the heat too and pop riveted a piece of stainless steel plate on the bottom of the bag, but I don't think it was really needed. I never noticed the bags getting more than warm on the inside. Actually I've never heard of anyone having problems with exhaust and saddle bags on here.

Anyway, here's the pic. Like I said, I think these were Cobra Speedster Longs. They ended about the rear of the tire, so not quite long enough to get past your bags. Old pic too, I had to go all the way back to 2011 to find one with these on it. :)

Tire Fuel tank Plant Wheel Motorcycle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts