M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got any dyno info on some systems for the 109 ? does it retain the servo and exhaust control valve? And If not Iwonder how much low end power might be lost versus mid to top end power.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I haven't seen any numbers on pipes In fact I don't think there are any commercial pipes out there yet. If so they're hiding pretty good. ;)

·
Registered
422 Posts
I put V&H big Shots on my Mean streak and then fitted the quiet baffles.
To some extent I feel I spoilt my bike as it was just too loud.
I want a note that's mellow and just the right volume not something that sounds like a powerboat.
Do any of these pipes on the market have a nice note or should I just let my dealer get his guy to rebuild the std mufflers as he suggested?
While doing that is it benifical / practical to remove the cat convertor?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'll wait for 2 into 1"s  also,  Vance and Hines. I think they may have started on Suzi's with RC engineering. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I love the way the stock pipes look. I'm just not ready to replace them yet.
I think they kinda sound like an older Chevy impala or something. (Like the commercial)
Beefy! (or a motor boat) lol :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TonyRumble said:
i am waiting for someone to gut the stockers and see what that sounds like.. :D
I modified the stock system with a 1 3/8 hole saw and it soundes great. Not to loud and not to noisy, they are straight thru.It did lean it out alot though.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Holeshotman said:
I love the way the stock pipes look. I'm just not ready to replace them yet.
I think they kinda sound like an older Chevy impala or something. (Like the commercial)
Beefy! (or a motor boat) lol :D
At idle my 109 sounds mellow and yet gets a nice deep rumble when in gear and on the throttle. Several people that I have visited mention how well the bike sounds on approach. Had V&H on my 1800 VTX/C and I put "quiet baffles" in them......they were almost deafening..... I'm sticking with the stockers for now.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just ordered a set of Sideburners, and I was told a date of June 21st :mad:... I was thinking of going with the Cobra's, but I'm sure it's going to be worth the wait... A lot of VTX1800 owners rave about how nice an exhaust it is.

So all I need now is an air intake kit made by Lamonster :D.. I have money burning a hole in my pocket if you couldn't tell.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts