M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems we have some trouble makers who are spinning things the way that they want to try and make a point. Here is what I posted some time ago and I encouraged people to hold off of buying exhaust systems until more models become available.

And I don't know whether its jealousy or just ignorance that is causing them to make their comments. But here is what I said previously:

Our Plans for Exhaust Testing
« on: May 08, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »  Â

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lamont and I have talked about how we are going to deal with the exhaust once they start coming out. First, I encourage you to wait until we get the pipes into our warehouse and installed on one of our M109's. There are just too many variables to deal with that we do not know the answers to. For instance, what happens to the Horsepower and Torque when the exhaust modulating valve is removed? No one knows at this point. So here is what we plan to do:

1. Install every new exhaust on the M109. Photograph it to see if there are any issues and measure to see how much additional clearance there will be from all angles.

2. Have the bike dynoed for real world HP and torque with the new pipes.

3. Evaluate the quality of the pipes as we get them.

4. Ride the bike with the new pipes so we can really determine how it rides. Any burping or hiccuping?

5. Post sound clips for all of the pipes that we install.

So don't be the guy that has to have the first set of pipes cause it may be a big mistake. Give us a week or so after each set comes in and we will post the results.  For those of you that are new we have the stock pipes dynoed with the results posted on this board.

Here is the link to the Dyno Charts:Â Â http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=54.0

·
Registered
849 Posts
Hal,
I was sure I was going to wait until all the Dyno numbers came in, but somewhat like JR, decided I wanted to have my name on the list for the first shipment of Cobra Slasndowns just to get rid of that extra weight. Besides, the Power Port technology used on the Slashdowns is Similar to the crossovers on my old Vance and Hines Big Shots and they made respectacle power. If something else comes out with bigger numbers I'll switch. Thanks to you and Lamont for doing this stuff.
Jer
PS
The following was a response I got from Cobra

All the speedster pipes come with the power port for better over all
performance. We do not have any dyno # 's to send you. Thanks for asking
Cobra, ride safe.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hey Hal and Lamont, Don't let the guys on this board who seem to have nothing else to do but bash the very people who are helping us with all sorts on new goodies for our bikes. Like anything else when something is brand new to the market it will take time to develop new after market products.Keep up the good work and Thankyou.

·
Registered
936 Posts
i don't know what all the fuss is about, you put pipes on your bike for a little sound and you know you need to compinsate for fuel so you loose ahorse or two or you gain a horse or two and maybe a little torgue. the whole idea is for a little sound, you don't wanna be the guy who's bike has no sound when you ride up and theres 10 or 25 bikes at the hangout. if your so worried about ALL THAT POWER then buy a crotch rocket, this bike is a cruizer, fat tire fat seat built for comfort with the thought in mind of the honda1800 not running off and leaving you behind. and i will say i think this bike has a more comfortable seat for the passenger than any other bike (1800). this bike looks good just the way it is. suzuki got it right.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Flipped thru the current issue of motorcyclist tonight, found a new ad from hard krome, showed a small photo of the M109 with the sideburner mounted, I gotta say, the shape and the bend are unlike any other sideburner, horsepower aside, they really did it right as far as complementing the bike itself, looks like it was made to be there, very impressive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, no, it was a few folk that are external to this site. They keep checking Lamont and myself out to try and figure out what our real motives are. Its pretty simple I think. We provide a place for people to get some cutting edge info on their M109 and we sell a few parts along the way. No arm twisting, feel free to shop where you want. We will still be doing what we do and we will still be riding our (2), thats two, Suzuki M109's. So its not like we are carpetbaggers like so many folks are who want a piece of the action.

Lamont and I go back and forth trying to figure out where the jealousy comes from. All they have to do is put in all of the time and work that we do and maybe they can be just like us. I don't mean that in a bragging way. Lamont and I have been lucky enough to do something that is a lot of fun and a lot of hard work at the same time. And for the 10,000th time to the critics: "We run a business and its goal is to make money. Sometimes we do and sometime we don't". But its a very unusual business and it has been a lot of fun to do stuff like we do.

Go check out some of the other websites and count the number of photos that they have posted to help let people understand what to do. Then come here and see what Lamont has done. I haven't posted many as Lamont has my bike until we meet at Americade. But just wait til we get these bikes really going.

So we will continue doing things our way and taking a few arrows along the way and they can stand back and scratch their head and decide what to do next.

Heck I would even nominate Lamont for "Motorcyclist of the Year" for all of the stuff he does to help people.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am envious of what you have accomplished. I would love a job that would allow me the ability to design new parts, find a manufacturer, and get them built for a living. I could tell you that I would not make any money after all, I would have to have one of each bike/part for my own. Keep up the good work and we do appreciate all the work and efforts you put into running the site. The prices at DLP are always competitive, so you will be the first place I'll check.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think anyone that has the priviledge of belonging to one of your sites knows well enough. For my part the work that Lamont and Hal have put in to the bike and website stands out as generosity.  You know what, if someone takes the time to make sure i get the pipes that suit what i need, post pictures and instructions on how to do mods for my bike, helps me w/ my mechanical problems AND creates a community around my favorite motorcycle I for one think that is commendable. Sure you have a store, and it goes w/o saying that the store will profit from your efforts, AS IT SHOULD.  At worst its the best customer service system i've ever seen. You'll always have my first look as well.

Fact is, you deserve a big thanks from all of us.

THANK YOU GUYS!

:bigthumbsup: :p :doorag: :p :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
I go pick my 109 up on Friday.  My 1800 and Nomad are not very happy.  Point being, I've always come here or VTXOA to get the inside poop because this is "where to find it".  Just like the TV, if you don't like what's on...change the channel.  Thanks Hal and LA for lovin' what you do.  Ok, now back to photoshop to design a new 109 paint scheme...

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
ns2973 said:
I think anyone that has the priviledge of belonging to one of your sites knows well enough. For my part the work that Lamont and Hal have put in to the bike and website stands out as generosity.  You know what, if someone takes the time to make sure i get the pipes that suit what i need, post pictures and instructions on how to do mods for my bike, helps me w/ my mechanical problems AND creates a community around my favorite motorcycle I for one think that is commendable. Sure you have a store, and it goes w/o saying that the store will profit from your efforts, AS IT SHOULD.  At worst its the best customer service system i've ever seen. You'll always have my first look as well.

Fact is, you deserve a big thanks from all of us.

THANK YOU GUYS!

:bigthumbsup: :p :doorag: :p :D
Excellent post!!!! Hal Greenlee and Lamont are '"good businessman" and in todays business world they stand well ahead of their competitors because they "actually walk the walk" and "talk the talk". How many of you know business owners who show the personal interest in a product that these gentleman have displayed. With the good fortune of Lamont's "wrenching and computer abilities" that is the icing on the cake when it comes to this board. Hal was up front from the beginning about the board and their intent hopefully to generate a return on their investment for this sight. I would surly think a endeavor of this nature is not free and maintaining a sight of this caliber is not cheap.

Hal and Lamont extended a open invitation to all to join this board with a "simple philosophy"....treat each other with dignity and respect and enjoy the freedom to exchange ideas, mods and riding experiences. When the good of the board was threatened with a "undesirable virus" Hal stepped to the plate and yanked the plug on this jerk.

I think constructive criticism has it place and can be done with a little finesse....it's good to disagree but do it with class and composure IMHO!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just so no one misunderstands the comments up above. Lamont is not an employee of Direct Line - - - - - he is an owner.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts