M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have Scorpion Tips on my exhaust. To me the exhaust sounds tinny. I would like to have a more bass sound rather than the shallow noise I currently have. Is there an exhaust that might sound deeper than my current set up or is there a change I could make that might give me the sound I want? The converter is intact and the SET valve is completely disconnected. Thanks to you all and a great New Year to each and all. I am sort of new to the M109 and have no knowledge of other M109 sounds.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
Just come to the Mid Atlantic Meet and see/hear about every pipe made. Hearing them on video can be tough to really capture the real sound of a pipe.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,096 Posts
I've built a few custom exhausts and modified some others. To get that tinny sound out you need to have some baffling in it somewhere that can attenuate the higher notes. Fiberglass does this best, but I think the Scorpions are too short to be able to put any kind of resonator or baffle in them.

You can get stainless muffler blanks down to about 12" long that will fit inside the stock exhaust shells. If the Scorpions are long enough to get one of those inside, they would change the sound a lot.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Just come to the Mid Atlantic Meet and see/hear about every pipe made. Hearing them on video can be tough to really capture the real sound of a pipe.
:agree:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Too late for you but I gutted the stock exhaust and LOVE The sound. Deep, throaty sound with a race car sound to it on decel. I love the look of the stock pipes anyway so it is a win-win for me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
AFelix, did you gut the cat? I took out the entire inside but left the cat in place, wasn't sure how loud it would get? I also read that low end torque would be lost with the cat removed, thoughts?

·
Registered
571 Posts
AFelix, did you gut the cat? I took out the entire inside but left the cat in place, wasn't sure how loud it would get? I also read that low end torque would be lost with the cat removed, thoughts?
No my CAT is still in tact, since I live in Cali, it's only a matter of time before they start smogging bikes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Of those posted I like the sound of the cannon monster the best. will do a search and seen how to do that. It looks like the stock header tubes are being used. I would like that. Thanks to all responders. One suggested coming to the mid atlantic meet as all types and sounds will be present. I am trying to work that out. Again, thanks^-^

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.