M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a a new exhaust to replace my stock pipes and I know there are alot of other rookies such as myself looking for a new exhaust set up as well. I was looking for some type of ranking/rating thread of many of the different exhausts for the 9 out there but couldnt seem to locate one about it. I guess my idea is for a type of ranking system on this page. Something along the lines of a 1-10 score for loudness/sound at idle, acceleration, cruising speed and anything else that might be helpful to know such as HP gains/losses. With 1 being about as quiet as possible and a 10 being the loudest pipes you have ever heard.

Something similar to:

Type of exhaust: Swepts, Dragsters, Bigshots, Debaffled Stockers, etc. etc.

Idle: 1-10

Acceleration:1-10

Cruising: 1-10

Power gain, loss, scraping/dragging problems, any other info:

Thanks guys, hope to hear whats out there!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are some pretty sweet set ups on that thread....I guess what I was aiming for with this thread was more of the sound part....like how loud you think your pipes are and what you would rank them on a scale of 1-10. Mainly because most exhaust threads just say, its REALLY loud, or its not too loud but.....things like that. I figured it would be a good way for everyone to kind of judge how loud they thought their pipes were.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
I can't "get around" your ranking system so I'll attempt to compare it to the stock exhaust and the Bigshot's I have. Idling V&H's are a little louder then stockers but have a deeper throatier sound. Bear in mind I have baffles and with nearly 10,000 miles on them so they are well worn in. While cruising they are about 20% louder then stockers and again deeper and throatier...actually a very pleasing sound on a long cruise....as well as not being into loud pipes, I don't believe in music while riding....ruins my riding experience as well as having plenty of music rolling around in my brain from the 60's. :D On all out acceleration the V&H's are about 75% louder then stock...maybe more,it's a very nice sound without being obnoxious. V&H's are harder to scrap the forward lower pipe then the stockers as they are up higher.... I have one small scrap in that area and I'm lowered 2.25 and tend to weigh "ahem" a bit more then I should. I like my Bigshot's even though they are not the best aftermarket pipe available. I do think they are the best pipe for a 2 into 2 if retaining the "classic' look is your preference without having to re-engineer a set of Roadhouse slipon's. With more cold air coming in and a fuel programmer you can probably increase your HP and TQ close to 10%. I don't know my numbers but it pulls harder and smoother throughout the entire rpm range now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.