M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw a video on here of a guy drilling the 8 holes and drilling through the 2 plates in the sound baffles. My question is this, will this change how the bike runs ?? will this make it run lean or rich ?? and if it does what do i do to correct the the problem?? what size holesaw do i use ?? any help on this would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
128 Posts
8 - 1/2" holes in each. I also used a hole saw and drilled through all the resticter plates. I haven't noticed a change at all in how the bike runs. It sounds much better though. The way the stock exhaust is setup on this bike drilling holes in the cans won't make much of an impact on the backpressure or flow.

·
Registered
696 Posts
NYRIDER said:
IT WILL RUN DIFFERENTLY. I REMEMBER READING ONE POST ON THIS SITE, IT SAID THAT THE BIKE LOST LIKE 20HP BECAUSE OF THE BEAKPRESSURE LOSS. I AM NOT MECHANIC SO TAKE THE INFO AS IS.
BEAKPRESSURE LOSS=related to SHOUTING ... and loosing pressure through one's "beak"...mjm

·
Registered
190 Posts
I did not find any change at all in my bikes performance. I started drilling just 8 holes in outer plate around baffle on each pipe. Eventually I wanted more sound, so I drilled all three inner plates inside of baffle. Still no change in performance. Still wanted more sound so I drilled out baffles entirely. Still no change in performance. Finally, I ended up going with aftermarket pipes - sound I wanted finally achieved. Suggestion is to go gradual to you achieve the sound you're looking for :bigthumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts