M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
I happen to have mine off right now so it was easy to measure them.

The OD of the heavy metal ring at the top of the pipe, where the clamp contacts to seal it to the exhaust port is 2.41". The ID of the metal ring, where the head pipe is welded in, is 1.90". The OD of the head pipe itself is 1.66". They expand it to fit the 1.90" ID of the ring, so if you look into the head pipe it's larger for the first 3/4" or so.

You could pretty easily bore the metal ring to get a 2" OD pipe in it, or expand a true 1.750 ID pipe to fit.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Much appreciated. There was a really trick looking exhaust system on the cover of the Supertrapp catalog last year that caught my eye. I figured since my dad just retired after 40 years of metal fabrication work, I would put him to work! :D

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
Much appreciated. There was a really trick looking exhaust system on the cover of the Supertrapp catalog last year that caught my eye. I figured since my dad just retired after 40 years of metal fabrication work, I would put him to work! :D
Post back what you come up with. I'm working on my 3rd version of a home made exhaust and have a 4th one I'm thinking about. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts