M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Re: Exhaust option?

Looks real good. Who makes it? and how does it sound?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Yes that looks like (or is) one of the first 2>1 mods shown on this site, using one of the original mufflers but repacked and perf straight through..very nice job. It was my very first (planned) choice of muffler mod. Kudos to the guy who did it...I seem to remember that the photo was posted by L/M on behalf of someone... so no name was tagged to it.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Looks nice, the only beef I have with it is that you can see the Chrome plastic pieces that were intended to stop at the top pipe now look like half Chrome pieces that don't cover all they are supposed to.

Pipe looks nice, but the area behind where the top pipe would have been looks unfinished...

Now that I think about it... I need to take a look back at JR's exhaust and see if I see the same deal.

·
Registered
6,343 Posts
Ahhhh Much better! Looks nice Jerbear.

Chrome the Swingarm and you are golden!! :bigthumbsup:
Nice job on the exhaust... wish I had the tools and skills!
:doorag:

·
Registered
849 Posts
The od on my extension is 3.5" and it looks like you could get the extra piece in, but it's hard to tell from the pics. I'm not sure mine is all that loud. The Car Chemistry insert that I mounted in the collector area does a good job of debarking it. I know I felt the same as others about that gap and we had to work to get the right bracket work to sqeeze that piece in.
How are you guys coming with the new pipe idea?
Jer
ppridgen1 said:
only problem there jer is you don't have a mufller just a chrome muffler tip pipe so it's louder and smaller around,thus the stock tapered fitting fits your smaller diameter pipe ,but not our muffler size

·
Registered
346 Posts
This is the bike of a guy who used to post on this site. I remember him posting that he used all of the same stock pipe work, but welded in a glasspack into the hollowed out stock pipe rear tube. I can't remember his name, but he and a buddy did this in a friends exhaust shop. I though this looked killer, but was beyind my ability to do for a lack of equipment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts