M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've just recieved a set of Hard-Krome 3" Big Straights for my '08 C109RT and hope to install them this week.:a18: I've already got my GMan Bully Controller to install along with it. Can anyone tell me what to do with the cable operated exhaust valve if anything.?I didn't know whether to leave them alone or what. My grandson bought a Kawasaki 636 with aftermarket exhaust and his FI light stays on all the time and I don't want that.Thanks for any help.:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
If it's anything like an M109r you install a cam,usually supplied with the exhaust system, to trick the SET into thinking it's functioning. There is a pin in the ECU or harness that can be removed to prevent the light coming on for the SET regardless. I kept mine functional in case I ever switched back to the stock exhaust. When installing the cam ...care must be used to not strip the SET gear....it's plastic.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've just recieved a set of Hard-Krome 3" Big Straights for my '08 C109RT and hope to install them this week.:a18: I've already got my GMan Bully Controller to install along with it. Can anyone tell me what to do with the cable operated exhaust valve if anything.?I didn't know whether to leave them alone or what. My grandson bought a Kawasaki 636 with aftermarket exhaust and his FI light stays on all the time and I don't want that.Thanks for any help.:dontknow:
My Roadburners came with a new Exhaust Valve Actuator CAM that tricks the ECU into thinking all is well. You just remove the cables and the existing CAM then put the new one on. PM me if you didn't get one, I have a spare I'll send you.

I you follow the others advice you can remove the Exhaust Valve Actuator completely and the ECU won't complain.

·
Registered
184 Posts
the hardchomes should have come with a cam to install on the EV sensor so you can disconnect the cables

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all who replied, turns out the box was damaged and some of the hardware was lost. Hard Krome sent out what I needed and all is well. Sure sounds GOOD and the Bully processor made a BIG difference in the runnability, VERY satisfied!:bigthumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts