M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally! After waiting for about 2-3 weeks for all of the parts to come in, it's all put back together. Rebuilt the clutch with a new #2 drive plate, wave washer and seat, new cable. Got it all adjusted properly, now its better than it was new.

I figured while it was down for the clutch, it's the perfect time to add the stuff I've ordered over the last few months....scrapped the "Big Air" I was working on(couldn't get them mounted up like I wanted :dontknow:), so I went another route with the "Old School" Eldebrock intakes (added a Chrome "S" from the local Suzuki cage dealer, Irate Customs Grill matched up with a MeanCycles chrome chin spoiler, fabbed up a new mount for the tach and the GIPro, dropping it down and angling it back a bit between the risers. Also added new grips and mirrors, and my Smuggler came in as well.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Nice lookin' setup!:bigthumbsup: Spill the beans! What is that that the rear turn signals are mounted to? Who akes those grips? Love those too!

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
You did a nice job of picking some good mods for you bike. I especially like what you did with your air intake covers and your radiator. The entire bike looks really good. Putting some chrome shoes on it would really enhance the look. Who did the chrome mesh on your radiator? I have been wanting to do that for a while, but I can't figure out how to get the chrome mesh to adhere to the stock black plastic radiator vent/bar pieces, so that it covers the stock radiator piece. If you or anyone else has any suggestions or you know of someone that can help me with the information on how to do it, please let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You did a nice job of picking some good mods for you bike. I especially like what you did with your air intake covers and your radiator. The entire bike looks really good. Putting some chrome shoes on it would really enhance the look. Who did the chrome mesh on your radiator? I have been wanting to do that for a while, but I can't figure out how to get the chrome mesh to adhere to the stock black plastic radiator vent/bar pieces, so that it covers the stock radiator piece. If you or anyone else has any suggestions or you know of someone that can help me with the information on how to do it, please let me know.

Thanks.
The radiator grill is from Irate Customs. The stock grill get removed. Chrome rims are next on the LOOONG list.

·
Registered
960 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,939 Posts
It looks great bro, time and money well spent! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Will that smuggler hold a 4" 1911? Looks fantastic IMHO.
Really lile that chrome chin spoiler as well, will probably be my next mod.

Your bike really is outstanding, looks GREAT!

I'm adding this thread to my favorite list for future reference.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Will that smuggler hold a 4" 1911? Looks fantastic IMHO.
Really lile that chrome chin spoiler as well, will probably be my next mod.

Your bike really is outstanding, looks GREAT!

I'm adding this thread to my favorite list for future reference.
It might. My Sig-Sauer P229 fits quite nicely. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
You stated in a pm that you only hooked up power and lights for the tachometer. What about the FI indicator? If that is not hooked up, does it not affect the ECU? Anyways, I guess if the thing goes into "limp" mode, you'll know it whether the indicator is on or not.

You said yours started to fluctuate after about one year. Wonder if it got wet inside somehow? I read that they are only "water-proof" on the face side, the back side is vented so it works properly. You have it mounted in some kind of cup to keep the back dry?

Curious, man. I want to do this, BUT??????

I found one of these tachs for $298, exactly like yours.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You said yours started to fluctuate after about one year. Wonder if it got wet inside somehow? I read that they are only "water-proof" on the face side, the back side is vented so it works properly. You have it mounted in some kind of cup to keep the back dry?

Curious, man. I want to do this, BUT??????

I found one of these tachs for $298, exactly like yours.
No, I think the sensor on the engine for the tach needs cleaning, But I'll find out for sure when I swap them out. If in it don't flicker no more, then my old tach went bad. If it still has a mild flicker, then I'll pull the sensor on the motor and clean it up.

Ordered a chrome cup for the new tach. And still use some black RTV silicone to seal up where the wiring comes out. :bigthumbsup:

Found out for $298....jump on it bro!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts