M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure this has been covered but......

Riding this weekend with another 9er and he had a turn signal fall off. I have ridden with others that had this happen and they had left it hanging. Well we got looking around and found that the bolt that holds the rear cowl off is the same size as the turn signal bolt. So if this ever happens to you just take one of your cowl bolts out and secure your signal with that.:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
I would think that you are talking about left front signal. It has happened in the past for many members.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
My left front

almost came off one day. Just one little machine screw holding them in. Check that screw once in a while. They take a lot of vibration.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Blue Locktight:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,850 Posts
Some are so loose they fall off, others have to drill them out. I wonder who calibrates their assembly tools? :D

Mine were pretty snug, but removable. I added the Rivco turn signal relocator to the front and used blue loctite when I put the signals on them.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Just happened to me last weekend. Now I am looking for a replacement left rear turn signal.......:-[

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I was preparing my bike this weekend for a long road trip up to Daytona this week. I decided to tighten every screw, bolt, nut, and clamp I could reach. The front directional was the only one with a striped screw. I pulled the lens out and found the threaded base cracked. Fortunately I had a spare lens assembly from when I de-beavered the rear end.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Yes, had to ride holding it so it would not smash up against the bike.:redfaced: When I got home I added some loc tight to the screw... problem solved.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, had to ride holding it so it would not smash up against the bike.:redfaced: When I got home I added some loc tight to the screw... problem solved.
I know most people take them off. I took them off. But this is why I posted this. So that if someone else has a screw fall out while riding they won't have to worry about it banging against the bike while they ride home. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts