M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have talked to a few people local to me in the oil industry and they are basically telling me good luck finding gas without ethanol. However, He did mention that I should ask the people at the marina where I gas up my boat if they are selling non-ethanol gas. It cost way more at the marinas but he said that would be my best bet a finding non-ethanol gas.
I'll have a couple of extra 5 gallon cans with me this weekend when I fill up my boat!

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
I have talked to a few people local to me in the oil industry and they are basically telling me good luck finding gas without ethanol. However, He did mention that I should ask the people at the marina where I gas up my boat if they are selling non-ethanol gas. It cost way more at the marinas but he said that would be my best bet a finding non-ethanol gas.
I'll have a couple of extra 5 gallon cans with me this weekend when I fill up my boat!
http://www.buyrealgas.com/NorthCarolina.html

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mostly Marinas.

The marina I use at Lake Tillery told me that their gas "HAD NO ETHANOL". It was 93. However another person who is a reputable Yamaha marine mechanic said otherwise. I guess I need to test it.
Ironically, we saw several boats being towed back in this weekend which was unusual. The mechanic said that half of their business was ethanol related right now.

·
Banned
408 Posts
The stuff sucks! 3 times it clogged the jets on my 99' ZRX1100!!! After 1 week of the bike sitting it turned into a red goo!! Each time it went to the dealer to be cleaned costing me $275 EACH TIME!! Carbs had to be taken apart. The mechanic told me to drain the float bowls everytime I park it for more than 7 days! I SOLD IT THE NEXT WEEK.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's the issue with ethanol?
:dontknow:
My main issue is that I don't like big brother shoving "green" junk up my a$$ then having to pay for it at the grocery store.
Ethanol is being mix with gas at a rate (now) as much as 10% and I feel the neutered effect in my 9. It is not as potent as straight gas. Daily commuting in your car it's not noticable.
It's also a cleaner and solvent therefore reaking havoc in small engines, tanks and filters.
Took my sputtering pontoon (2006 Yamaha 90 4-stroke) to the dealer and was told that it was probably ethanol related. Can't wait to see what that is going to cost.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
"Ethanol attracts water, and that can result in corrosion in the system," said Rayola Dougher from the American Petroleum Institute. "We're hitting what they're calling a blend wall, where you're required to use ever greater volumes of ethanol in the gas distribution system but it goes beyond what the cars are being designed for. And this is particularly an issue with E-15."

The study, sponsored by the oil industry group and automakers, tested eight engines found in millions of cars currently on U.S. roads. The study found two of the eight malfunctioned and suffered significant damage while fueled by E-15..."

My John Deere Riding Lawn Tractor ended up at the shop and water was found in the gas. I have no doubt it's due to the ethanol. I think most agree ethanol needs to be removed from our fuel. My question is, what can we do to get that crap removed before the idiots at the EPA allow them to go from 10% to 15%?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/1...g-customers-to-more-costly-pure-gas-stations/

·
Registered
206 Posts
My John Deere Riding Lawn Tractor ended up at the shop and water was found in the gas. I have no doubt it's due to the ethanol. I think most agree ethanol needs to be removed from our fuel. My question is, what can we do to get that crap removed before the idiots at the EPA allow them to go from 10% to 15%?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/1...g-customers-to-more-costly-pure-gas-stations/
Vote for anyone but Obama!
I'm not saying Mitt Romney will eliminate the EPA, but I'm HOPING he will reign back some of the regulations and BS red tape. Not my perfect candidate, but it can't be any worse than what we have now.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

By 2015 small engine companys like Briggs & Stratton have to start reigning back the emissions of all the engines. That includes, but not limited to weed whackers, lawn mowers, leaf blowers, etc... It is just ridiculous.

·
Banned
1,218 Posts
Vote for anyone but Obama!
I'm not saying Mitt Romney will eliminate the EPA, but I'm HOPING he will reign back some of the regulations and BS red tape. Not my perfect candidate, but it can't be any worse than what we have now.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

By 2015 small engine companys like Briggs & Stratton have to start reigning back the emissions of all the engines. That includes, but not limited to weed whackers, lawn mowers, leaf blowers, etc... It is just ridiculous.
Romney IS Obumma. He would be just another puppet attached to the same damn strings...

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Is it just me? Or, do others feel that the POTUS should have a impecable resume'? Unfortunately this is what's wrong with our system (Gubment) today. Anyone can be president...?
I guess I'm becoming more and more conservative the older I get. I am the type of American that really NEEDS a President that I can RESPECT due to his/her prior achievements. What's wrong with that? What's wrong with..."Here is my birth certificate and here's my college transcripts, I'm proud for everyone to see them"
What's wrong with..."Here is my military record"? I don't care if you are white , black, green or yellow! I don't care if you are male or female in any of those colors. SHOW ME YOUR CREDENTIALS!
I have no idea why anyone would vote for someone who has a questionable past? If you are going to be MY president and get MY vote then I want to know EVERYTHING you have done in your life...period!
Oh...sorry for the rant!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
im·pec·ca·ble/imˈpekəbəl/

Adjective:
(of behavior, performance, or appearance) In accordance with the highest standards of propriety; faultless.
Should this definition apply to the POTUS? Absolutely! Not that they have to be perfect as no human on this planet at this time is, but they should be far closer to it than any of them are. Yet we are so willing to accept far less which is why our country is becoming less year by year, decade by decade. Seems like all of my votes any more are a vote 'against' a candidate as opposed to a vote for someone that I can really embrace as the leader of this country. I don't know, maybe the right person is smart enough to know better than to get into politics ???

·
Registered
457 Posts
Here is a link to a website finder for Ethanol Free gas stations...pure gas! The link pulls up Georgia, but you can select your state.

http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=GA
Thanks for the link! Off hand I'd say "good luck" finding very many ethanol free gas stations in my home area (MI).......maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised when I check the link. On the other hand.......I've used ethanol laced gas in all my vehicles for years.........no problems I'm aware of.

Yet!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
im·pec·ca·ble/imˈpekəbəl/

Adjective:
(of behavior, performance, or appearance) In accordance with the highest standards of propriety; faultless.
Should this definition apply to the POTUS? Absolutely! Not that they have to be perfect as no human on this planet at this time is, but they should be far closer to it than any of them are. Yet we are so willing to accept far less which is why our country is becoming less year by year, decade by decade. Seems like all of my votes any more are a vote 'against' a candidate as opposed to a vote for someone that I can really embrace as the leader of this country. I don't know, maybe the right person is smart enough to know better than to get into politics ???
It is because they are all lawyers!

It is the same dudes that "know" they are smarter than everyone else and someone, somewhere is making a ton of money on ethanol, or it wouldn't be there.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts