M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one??

Around 60-70 MPH my speedometer starts acting CRAZY!!!
It will flux between 70-90 with no changes in actual riding speed...
Sometimes it bounces up and down 5 mph, sometimes 20.... and everything in between.

It's not really a big problem, but I would like to know at least approx. how fast I am going : )
I will be rolling along at what I think is about 80, and with no changes whatsoever I look down and it will say 100!!!!

G

·
a search will reveal ,,,a few of us ,,have the exact problem....and I still do..My Stealer ,,just said"I dont know" didnt act up on me.." ....and yes ,,its still acting up.... :verymad:

·
Registered
956 Posts
Mine went nuts only once on a very windy day. I was doing about 40 and then all of a sudden the needle kept jumping back and forth to around 70. I thought maybe some air rush got in some how and was moving the needle. :confused:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pr0wl3r-X said:
Am I the only one??

Around 60-70 MPH my speedometer starts acting CRAZY!!!
It will flux between 70-90 with no changes in actual riding speed...
Sometimes it bounces up and down 5 mph, sometimes 20.... and everything in between.

It's not really a big problem, but I would like to know at least approx. how fast I am going : )
I will be rolling along at what I think is about 80, and with no changes whatsoever I look down and it will say 100!!!!
On the way home from work I was doing around 55 and it showed 130-135 !!!!!

LOL !!!! ::) :confused: :eek:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
since ya can't lube the cable with it being electronic and all, you could still smack them electrons around :D I have seen mine at key on before startup instead of swing all the way over and back it just goes up a little and slam back down. so far it works ok going down the road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts